Black Lives Matter

I'm sorry that this isn't an update. I haven't had time to work on the next chapter with everything that has been going on. But I thought it was important that I said this. I am a white, educated, middle class girl who has first hand experience with white privilege. When I go out with my half African American cousins I can feel the difference than when I am out with my fully white family, and it disgusts me. I have lived with one of said cousins for almost a year now, and have been exposed to all the prejudice he has faced because he is mixed race. He is a hard working, college student who is working to become an ER doctor, and he is frankly the most amazing person I know. And now I fear for his safety everyday, something I didn't think I would ever have to do in 2020. The world should be better than this.

I know that was a bit of a tangent, and I apologize. If you want to help here are a few steps to get you started off.

Get educated.

Search about the movement and familiarize yourself with what is going on in the world. Educate yourself on where to donate, how much, etc.

Donate.

Donate if you can. It doesn't even have to be a lot. Sign petitions, get in touch with government officials. If you don't have money to donate, like my broke self, consider watching YouTube videos titled "BLM watch to donate". Don't skip the ads, play them several times. Also make sure to watch videos in between so it doesn't count as spam. It's an easy way to help without money.

Most of all, I want to reach out to my African American (or other minority groups) audience. Feel free to add your perspective. This is a positive community, and I will delete any negative comments, though I doubt my audience would comment something of that manner anyway. I love you all.

Black Lives Matter

-geekywriter15