CHAPTER 2

baileys Pov:
Complaints leave my fathers mouth, the never ending complaints that i have to pretend dont happen. My family isn't very well known, but in our neighborhood we keep up our "perfect family" exterior. So, of course i stay silent and keep my head down. i go to school the rumors about the party last weekend spreading like a wild fire. I see makayla walk down the hall with her head hanging low, it's sad to think that she would let something like that happen to me. She looks around and begins to approach me "bailey, I was drunk-" I walked past her, ignoring her as if she was invisible. i cant wait till i can finally leave this place.

- two weeks later-

i woke up to the sun beginning to come up, today's my birthday, I'm officially 18. As usual I got nothing for my birthday and I dont even think they remembered it was my birthday. I packed my bags, rolling up my clothes and stuffing them inside the small backpack. I walked down the stairs and headed towards the door "where do you think your going!" My fathers voice boomed from the couch "we need groceries" I replied meekly, as I grabbed the keys "get milk" my mom added her input from the kitchen as she walked out with another beer for my father. I nodded and grabbed the keys from the hook and headed outside into the frigid air. I unlock the car and throw my bag into the passenger seat as I start the car.

I arrived at the airport and looked around with my heart beating 1000 beats a minute. Some people in business suits, others looking like they had just woken up. I was gonna go to LA, it's always been somewhere i wanted to visit. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, my father was calling. "bailey, what's going on? where are you?" he asked, seemingly trying to be calm. "i'm going to where i belong dad" i replied, as i hung up i heard my boarding call, time for my new life.