The Nice

Chapter Seven- The nice

-Jett’s Point of View-

It’s 10am when I knock on Duke’s door; it seems I have a thing for waking up early recently. Duke opens the door, he’s already dressed, wearing a Pierce the Veil band baseball top, black skinny leg jeans, a few wristbands and a beanie.

“Moring, I was on my way to get breakfast, want to come?” I ask Duke casually.

He nods, “Sure, but what about Eva?”

“Probably sleeping, actually let’s get breakfast later, first let’s piss her off.” I grin evilly and Duke raises an eyebrow suspiciously, “Oh it won’t be that bad come on, we’ll just wake her up.” I laugh at Duke’s reaction.

I gesture for Duke to follow me and he reluctantly steps out of his room, following behind me. I laugh again, “Any slower and she’ll wake herself up.”

Eventually we reach the end of the hall to Eva and mine’s rooms. Eva is number 66 and I’m 67. Duke looks around the hall curiously, he’d clearly never been this far down.

What’s my name, what’s my name? Hold the ‘S’ because I am an AINT.” Marilyn Manson can be heard easily from outside Eva’s room.

“Damn, I think she’s already awake.” I mumble and kick open the door.

-Eva’s Point of View-

I scream with surprise as Jett kicks open the door and hit my beautiful cello. “Bitch, you break it and you fix it.” I cry, taking my baby away from him and putting in the corner.

Jett has his stupid smile on his face, he’s wearing his black ripped skinny leg jeans with a Parkway Drive top underneath the black leather jacket he has on. Duke is standing behind him, looking really attractive in his band merch.

“Morning!” Jett cries, pulling me into a hug.

I pull a disgusted face and push him off, he smirks at me. Duke is looking around my room, I have a mini freak out and look around my room quickly, hoping no underwear or something else embarrassing was lying around, luckily nothing is.

“Whatever, breakfast time. I hope it’s James’ day off.” I frown, remembering the disgusting plate from last night, Duke smiles at me.

We walk to the dining hall, once there we put down what we want for breakfast on the piece of paper before resuming our same seats from last night.

As we eat breakfast, Jett tells us about his crazy dream where he was the loner friend who wished he was a vampire and ended up making friends with a vampire who was Duke. Duke didn’t want to be a vampire but he was actually ‘The Chosen One’ who was apparently going to be king of the vampires.

Duke and I laugh along with his interesting dream, “You watch too much vampire movies.” I comment after he finishes speaking.

“So do you.” Jett retorts and we all laugh.

Later that day, we all sit on the balcony of the second floor, our legs hanging off the edge. You can see the massive land our school sits on, it stretches out for ages. It reminds me of how trapped and isolated I am. Duke is sitting in the middle of Jett and I.

“Duke, why do you have to stay at school this weekend?” Jett asks, after our conversation had died down a little.

Duke shifts slightly in his spot, pondering the question, “My parents…are…busy. They’re not at home at the moment and won’t be back until Wednesday.” He replies at a length.