Wings

Wings by Little Mix!♡

-

Luke still hasn't talked about what happened in school today. I've tried bringing it up but he always changes the subject or kisses me.

I wouldn't normally mind but it's different.

"Come here" Luke said motioning me next to him.

I slowly sat down on his bed and he took ahold of hand.

"She....My mum......um...died f.from cancer"

My eyes got wide when he said that but he didn't see because he was looking down at our hands.

"Last year," he continued "that's why I smoked...it helped me with the pain, better then anything else...until you came"

He finally looked up at me and I noticed he was crying.

"It's okay" I told him and wrapped my arms around him.

He cried into my shoulder as I rubbed his back.

I never really done this before.

The comfort part. It's new. Usually I'm the one crying.

"That's why I want you to get help so much, I.i don't want to lose another person"

  I listened to Luke's little snores as I looked up at the ceiling. He's leaving in less then 6 hours and I'm not prepared.

We spent the whole day doing little things together, of course I had a great time but my mind always went back to the fact that Luke is leaving me.

I'm afraid that when he gets back in a couple months that I won't be here.

Sighing, I got out of the bed and tiptoed towards the door.

I had just put my hand on the handle when Luke called my name.

I turned slowly and he was sitting up.

"Go back to bed," I told him "I'm just going to let Bear out"

He shook his head and got off the bed. He was shirtless with a pair of sweatpants handing loose on his hips.

"Alright"

I opened the door and started walking towards the stairs with Luke behind me.

When I reached the stairs, I turned to make sure Luke was still behind me

Sure enough he was.

He gave me a smile before I turned back around and walked down the stairs.

"Hurry up!" Luke chuckled as I slowly picked up Bear from his bed.

"Shut up!" I exclaimed.

I opened the front door and let Luke out first. I stepped outside as well before shutting the door back.

I followed Luke down the steps and once my feet touched the grass I set Bear down.

He ran over to Luke who crouched down to pet him.

"Beary!" he exclaimed making me laugh to myself. 

Luke rubbed his back before Bear walked away probably to take a wee.

"He's gotta go!" I chuckled to Luke who was standing back up.

He rolled his eyes then walked closer to me and put his arms around me, hugging me tightly.

I hugged him back and buried my head in his chest.

"Goodness you're so short" he chuckled and I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see me.

I pulled away so I could look at his face and he was smiling down at me.

"5 foot is not short!" I exclaimed

"Yeah it is" he said with a smirk.

I was about to reply but Bear started barking loudly.

I turned in Luke's hair and saw Ashton walking up the driveway.

"Oh shut up!" he said to Bear which made Luke laugh.

"Don't be mean!!" I told him getting out of Luke's arms.

"He's mean!" he shot back as he walked closer to us with Bear still barking.

"Bear!" I called "Come"

He stopped barking and slowly made his way over to me. I carefully picked him up and sat on the last step.

"Mate" Luke said "what are you doing up this early?"

"Couldn't sleep" Ashton replied.

He sat down in front of me and leaned against my legs.

"What are you two doing up?"

"I'm Luke Fucking Hemmings, I never sleep!"

I rolled my eyes at him and continued to pet Bear who was curled up in my lap.