Chapter 1

One year later...

I wake up in my crappy motel room. My head is throbbing, I remember making one foot in the door before I fell face first into the nasty carpet, but how did I end up in bed? I went out drinking again last night. It's been like this for a while; wake up with a hangover, go throughout my day, get hammered at night, pass out in some motel, and then repeat. This has been my routine almost every day for the past year.

Did I continue hunting after Sam got locked up in the cage? Yeah, at first. After a few months, I just stopped caring. If Dean could give up hunting, then why couldn't I?

The last day I saw my dad was about seven or eight months ago; I just picked up my stuff, took my truck, and drove off. My dad would call me nonstop for the next month, but then he just stopped. So that leads me to where I am now; I'm an alcoholic with nothing to live for. This is what Lucifer warned me about and I didn't believe him.

As for Castiel, I've received one visit from him. I was hunting somewhere in Ohio I think. It was a hunt that involved a nest of vampires, nothing major. This was the hunt that made me want to quit; it doesn't make much sense though that out of the many near death experiences I've faced, one involving a few vampires is the one that makes me want to quit hunting for good.

Ten Months Earlier...

Wooster, Ohio. A pack of vampires, something that I've worked on many times before. I open my eyes and try to move, but I find that my arms are tied above my head and I'm trapped up against a post. I feel something trickling down my head, I look down and see a puddle of blood in the floor. I see a shadow move in the corner of the room.

"It's good to see that you're awake," a deep voice says. I see a man emerge from the shadows, his skin is deathly pale. His eyes are red, not like the croatoan virus red, but I guess you could say they're a darker shade of red. He stands in front of me, he strokes my cheek and I turn to avoid his touch but fail.

"Now, now. No need to be frightened," he pauses as he looks at my neck; I thought he would've already bitten me by now. "This will only hurt a little," he says. I close my eyes, afraid to watch what happens next. He dips his head down to my neck, but before he pierces his fangs into my skin, I hear the sound of him being stabbed.

I open my eyes and see a stake sticking out of his side. Apparently, whoever tried to save me cannot aim. You tried, you really tried. The vampire picks up his head and turns to face the attacker, and I feel the ropes tying my hands above my head being cut. I turn and see him standing there, my angel, Castiel.

The vampire turns back around, I'm guessing Castiel was the one that stabbed him; he must've purposely missed so he could untie my hands. He walks toward me and wraps his hands around my throat, "You've got friends here, don't you?" he asks.

"No," I say weakly. His hands are gripping my throat so tightly it's getting hard to breathe, I struggle for air as he keeps a firm grip on my throat. Castiel, anytime would be great now, okay?

"Alright," the vampire calls out, "I know someone is here. You better face me now," he lets go of my throat and whips me around and drags me to the center of the room. We're in the middle of an abandoned warehouse. "And if you don't face me," he brings a large knife to my throat and holds it there tightly, "Then the girl gets it," he finishes. Castiel, please. Please don't do this, not now. Cas, I need you.

"Alright then," he says and then I feel a steady stream of blood come from my throat. He lets go and I drop to the floor, choking on my own blood, gasping for air. He stands over me, "It serves you right," he spits at me. Suddenly, a bright light flashes from his eyes and he falls backwards, he's dead.