Chapter 18

Previously...

I walk upstairs to my room and shut the door behind me. I understand now why Castiel wanted me to remember.

"You'll find yourself crawling back to him, but in that moment it will be too late."

Now...

"Do you even know what you're looking for?" I ask Dean. We're driving aimlessly trying to find a bunker that Samuel's family supposedly had, and it was supposed to be like a library full of history on different monsters.

"I know where I'm going. Just stay in the back seat," Dean replies. I roll my eyes and sit back against my seat, propping my legs up and laying them across Sam's lap. He just looks at me and I raise my eyebrows at him.

"You got a problem with this?" I say loud enough for him to hear.

He chuckles and shakes his head. He sets his hands on my legs, cautiously eyeing the rear view mirror. I lay there, staring out of the window, watching the barren landscape pass by. With the classic rock blasting through the speakers, I manage to doze off.

"Cas!" Dean's voice echoes. I open my eyes and find myself on the floor of an otherwise abandoned warehouse. My eyes are wet with tears, my heart is racing, adrenaline pumping, and fear running through me. Looking down at my hands, I find that they're covered in blood.

I look back up and see Sam, Dean, and my dad all pacing around the room. Castiel is gone, which seems pretty obvious to me because I heard Dean yelling for him a few moments before. "This is your fault," Dean says to me.

"My fault? What's going on?" I ask.

Dean towers over me then he comes face to face with me. "This is your fault," he repeats in a low voice, then he blinks his eyes and they turn to that familiar shade of yellow.

I open my eyes and find my myself breathing heavily, my heart about to beat out of my chest. I'm still in the Impala, and it seems as if time hasn't passed at all. I sit up and rub my eyes, "Where are we?" I ask in a sleepy voice.

"Almost there," Dean replies.

"How long was I out?" I ask.

"You were only out for like, five minutes maybe. Why?" Dean replies.

"It just felt like a really long time," I say. Sam looks at me and we lock eyes for a moment, and I can see the question that he doesn't want to ask out loud. Did you have another dream? I nod my head at him, and he automatically understands.

We pull up to an old bunker, one that looks like it hasn't been used since a war and people had to hide just in case there were attacks. Dean gets the door open and he finds a small, dark hallway. He turns on his flashlight and I can see what looks like a trap door at the end of this hallway. With him leading the way, we all follow behind, walking carefully through this dark area.

He opens the trap door and it reveals a ladder, and none of us are sure as to where it leads. "You go first," Dean tells me.

I roll my eyes and hand Dean my flashlight, "If I die because of you, I'll be sure to come after you. Trust me, you'll never hear the end of it," I threaten him.

"Just climb down the ladder and see what's down there," he replies. I groan and slowly reach my foot down, searching for the step. As soon as I have a good grip on the sides of the ladder and I know exactly where to step, Dean hands me my flashlight again. I turn around and shine the flashlight, getting a better look at my surroundings.

I see a table covered in books, which in turn, are covered in dust. It seems that everything in this room is covered in dust. "Is it safe?" Dean yells. I decide to play a joke on them and I just stay quiet, ignoring Dean's question. "Olivia!"