Chapter 20

Previously...

I space out as thoughts flood through my mind. The possibility of Castiel working with Crowley and not telling us, I wouldn't believe it ever. But I feel like there's something that I want to remember, something that would be of the utmost importance. But my mind has drawn a complete blank.

This never happens. You could tell me something and all you would have to say is a key word. But this is different. It's like someone, maybe something, wanted me to forget.

Now...

I have people ask me about how I came to be a hunter. Other hunters, people I save, even the monsters and demons I hunt, they all ask the same thing. It's quite simple really. You get sucked in, then you never leave.

Hunting is a blessing and a curse. Along the way you will make friends, even gain family if you're lucky, but there's also heartbreak and misfortune. But in a way, that's how life works. You have the happy moments, the moments you look back on and think, "That could always bring a smile to my face," but then reality comes and checks up on you.

That's how I was I guess. Everything in my life was almost perfect, I was seventeen, getting ready to graduate, and the only thing that could only ruin my life was the fact that my dad wasn't even in the picutre. Honestly, I didn't need him. I already had my grandparents, they were just enough.

No, there wasn't a guy. Everyone seems to think that my terrible backstory started when I lost a boyfriend. That's not who I lost. I lost the two people who were my life, they raised me, they were everything to me, and they were taken from me.

Now it's your turn to hear. This is my story. My name is Olivia Singer. I'm the hunter's daughter.

---

Alright, this was probably close to four or five years before I helped the guys stop the apocalypse. I was still in high school, only a few days before graduation, and there was this feeling of hope in the air. I finally had the chance to do whatever my heart desired. I remember that morning like just yesterday, and nothing would ever compare to how bad this morning was.

I couldn't help but notice how quiet it was throughout the house, and I can tell you by this time, I'm pretty sure we could've woken up the entire neighborhood. I got out of bed, heading to the kitchen so I could eat breakfast before my last day of high school. I had the feeling that today would be one of the best days of my life, how wrong I was. I stepped into the kitchen to find a tall man in dark clothing, standing over the dead body of my grandmother.

I shrunk back into the wall, praying that this mysterious person wouldn't see me. I tiptoed across the carpeted hallway, rushing to the bathroom. The sight that I met in the doorway of the bathroom terrified me more than what was happening in the kitchen. My grandfather laid in the floor, his body was pale, and his eyes shrunk back in his head.

I bit down on my tongue to keep from screaming, and to keep my sobs inside as tears streamed down my face. I heard footsteps come closer to my location. Carefully stepping over my grandfather, I jumped into the shower, hiding behind the shower curtain. Getting a better look at his face, he had a pale complexion, a rough-looking face, and scruff all over his chin.

Little did I know, this was to be the person that would haunt me everytime I seeked solace in my dreams. He paced around the hallway, smiling down at my grandfather. "I can see why the old hag really liked you. You had very nice eyes," he said, then he laughed a deep laugh, and it sent chills down my spine. He stopped in front of his body, I shrunk back against the wall of the bathtub, I could see his shadow.

He moved closer to the shower, stood there for a moment, then walked in the opposite direction. He made ticking noises with his mouth, "What a shame. You know, Olivia will be so heartbroken. Right before graduation too. That's okay. This will be the first in a long line of heartbreaks for her. Too bad you won't be able to smother her now," he said. I moved to the shower curtain, peeking out through it. This man stood in the doorway, still looking down at my grandfather, and I saw a glint of pale yellow in his eyes, the color that I will be all too familiar with soon.