Chapter 14

Previously...

I grab my bag, I can hear Sam and Dean talking but it's not making a lot of sense to me. My mind is racing so much that everything around me seems like a blur. I'm interrupted from my thoughts by the sound of a loud thud, I look over and Sam is having a seizure in the floor.

"Sam!" I scream and rush to his side. His eyes are wide open but he's staring blankly at the ceiling. He's unresponsive, he won't say anything to Dean or I. "Sam!" I scream joined by Dean this time.

Sam has stopped shaking, his eyes have closed, and he has stopped breathing.

Now...

My heart is pounding, my adrenaline has kicked in, and I'm terrified. Sam lies on the floor and he isn't moving. It looks like he isn't breathing. Dean shakes him furiously as he tries to wake him up, but nothing is working.

The only thing I'm thinking right now are my last words to him. My last actual conversation with him. Even though it might've been short, the words made the biggest impact on my life. The way that I confided in Castiel and not him, how I went behind his back and didn't talk to him about all of this, how could I have done that to him?

Even though I probably should, I don't feel like crying. I cup his cheek in my hand, and with Dean sitting right beside me, I say, "I'm sorry." I let go and turn to walk away when the sound of Sam's groans bring me back to him. Relief floods through me as I see Sam sitting up.

"Sammy, are you with me? Come on, we need to get you out of here," Dean asks, concern and worry evident in his voice. I bring the remainder of our things out to the Impala while Dean walks with Sam. We then stop at a coffee shop and then some fast food trailer. I stand there while Sam sits on the hood of the Impala, there's nothing but silence between the two of us.

Considering the fact that Sam almost died, I know I should say something to him but it's like I can't find the words. Dean comes back with our food, so I grab mine and I walk away from them. I take a seat on the ground not too far away from them but I know they're not within earshot. I pull out my phone and dial Castiel's number only to get no answer, but I decide not to leave him a message.

I sit there on the ground eating my food, looking at Sam and Dean as they talk. The only thing I can hear is the sound of Sam and Dean's voices. After seeing Sam in his unconscious, almost dead state this morning, the adrenaline from that moment has passed over. Now I'm back to passing out at any given moment.

I sit there and eat my food, then I throw it away in a nearby trash can. With still no call back from Castiel, I sit there and start to zone out. "Hey!" Dean yells and starts snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"What?" I mutter.

"Let's get going," he replies. He reaches out his hand but I get up on my own and walk to the car. The entire car ride consists of Dean blasting his rock music like usual. I lay back with my head against the window and start to doze off.

I start looking around and find myself in the middle of a warehouse. Sam, Dean, myself, my father, and Castiel are all here. Castiel has blood on his face and his trench coat, the look on his face is serious, and his eyes beat down on me. "Cas, this isn't you! Please, I know you're there. Look at me! Really look at me! I love you! Please, come back to me. I'm sorry!" I scream in this pleading tone.

"You have been warned," Castiel replies and that's it. I shoot up and start gasping for air, I feel like the air has been sucked out of my lungs. I ignore Sam and Dean's questions as I pull my cell phone out of my pocket. With still no call back from Castiel, I decide to call him again.