Chapter 12

AUTHORS NOTE: I'm sure you've noticed the youtube link for this chapter. I find this to be the theme song of Sam and Olivia. If you think that it should be a different song, why don't you tell me in the comments below and tell me what song would be good. Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment! <3

As Sam continues to scream, Dean drags me upstairs. I start thrashing and kicking, trying as best as I can to hurt Dean in some way. "How could you do this?!" I scream through my sobs. "You knew he didn't want this! He has told you time and time again that he didn't want his soul! Angels and demons have told you that this is a bad idea!"

Dean lets go of me and I continue to punch him then he grabs my hands. "That's not Sam down there, you can't stand up for him. He's lied to you to make you believe that he actually cares for you, but in reality, he doesn't. All he cares about is staying that way," he says to me calmly. He doesn't seem angry at all, his eyes are warm and his expression is soft. He can see how much pain I'm really in.

"None of you get it, maybe it's not such a bad thing. Sam makes me feel good, he makes me feel better than I have felt in a long time. I don't wanna lose that. The moment he goes back to normal, all of that would've been for nothing!"

"It would've already been for nothing! All he wanted was someone who would sleep with him, he knew how broken you were and he took advantage of that. Looking at you like this, it makes me wonder who really needs help. Cause it seems to me that you're more broken than Sam is." There's nothing but truth in his words, and it hurts a lot to hear someone actually say it. I refused to believe it, but now I've got someone who has realized the truth and is trying to make me realize it too, but I can't let Dean win. I go quiet and all you can hear is my sobs, Sam has finally stopped screaming.

Death and my dad come from the basement, the first thing that I do is head upstairs to grab a pillow and a blanket. Back downstairs, Death has disappeared and Dean and my dad stand in the kitchen. "Where are you going?" Dean asks.

"Downstairs. I'm staying with Sam," I reply.

"I don't think that's a good idea," Dean says.

"None of this is. You're allowed to do whatever, so why can't I?" I reply angrily. I walk down the steps, closing the basement door behind me. I can see the blood trail on the floor still, but it's all dried up. The door to the panic room is shut, I open the slot and see Sam unconscious on the bed again.

I open the door, being careful just in case he wakes up. I pull up a chair next to the bed, lay the blanket across him, lift his head carefully, and put down the pillow. His hand lays at his side, I lace my fingers in his, and I feel a small squeeze on my hand. I look and see him still fast asleep.

I move Sam's hair out of his face from where he was squirming around while Death put his soul back in him, I press my lips to his forehead gently. I lay my head on my arm that I've draped on the edge of the bed, I fall asleep soon after. I'm awakened by Castiel standing over the side of the bed. "Good morning to you too," I croak.

"Good morning," he replies. I take my blanket and move the chair out of the way. I look at Castiel, he's pulling up his coat sleeve and I know exactly what he's doing. I meet Dean outside the panic room.

"Sleep well?" he asks.

"Like a rock," I reply. I stand next to Dean and watch as Castiel checks Sam's soul. Sam starts to scream again and this time it's just as hard to listen to him, knowing that Sam is really there. This whole thing feels like a dream, like I'll blink and I'll end up in that motel room, finding out that Dean ditched me, that all of this was a dream of my future and I'll have to live it again.