Chapter 11

Previously...

"Are you coming or are you staying?" Sam asks.

Now...

I look from Sam to Dean then back to Sam. "Hold on," I reply. I walk back over to the Impala, grab my bag, and start walking off with Sam.

"Are you serious? You're just gonna leave me?" Dean yells. I turn back around and give him this apologetic look. I hear Dean get in his car and drive off. As soon as Dean is far enough down the road, Sam intertwines my fingers in his.

"Where are we headed?" I ask. Sam brings my hand to his lips.

"Figured we could pay Bobby a visit," Sam replies. I feel this fear in the pit of my stomach, dad is going to find out what I did eventually. I hope and pray that it won't be this soon. All of the color drains out of my face and I stop right in the middle of the road.

Sam looks at me as I am hunched over ready to blow chunks on the concrete. "Are you alright?" Sam asks. I take a deep breath, the nausea subsides for the moment and I keep walking.

"Do you not realize that I haven't told my dad yet about what happened?" I reply. Sam's eyes widen in surprise.

"I thought he knew the same day that Cas did."

"Let's face it, Sam, at least Castiel didn't scream in my face like my dad will." I never thought about what I would say to him, I only ever thought of how he would

react. I've only seen him get that mad a couple of times. Once when I was about ten maybe, Rufus came over and I hid in the kitchen when he got into a fist fight him; another time was when I was about seventeen and I told him I was going to start hunting after I finished high school, he had never yelled at me like that before...it was terrifying.

"Well, if things get too intense, I'll step in."

"That would mean you care. Oh, you actually have feelings!" I exclaim sarcastically. Sam fake laughs and we keep walking. Sarcasm usually makes me feel better, being able to joke around gets rid of a lot of stress.

Sam and I hitchhike the rest of the way to Sioux Falls and it takes us at least eight hours to get there after switching through various vehicles. Once on my dad's doorstep, I take a deep breath before knocking on the door. Sam keeps a hand on the small of my back, tracing small circles with his thumb. The door opens and my dad has this look of surprise when he sees Sam and I standing there.

"Where's Dean?" dad asks.

"We don't know," I reply.

"Why aren't you with him, Olivia? I don't think--" dad starts.

"You think just because Sam doesn't have a soul now he won't protect me? You don't trust him or something?" I yell. I didn't mean for it to come out like that, but sadly that's how I decide to say it. Dad just stares at me and Sam clears his throat to break the now awkward silence.

"Can we um, come in?" Sam asks. Dad nods his head and leads us inside. Dad walks into the living room while I stay behind with Sam. I reach for the doorknob, but Sam takes my hand and removes it, still keeping a firm grip on my hand.

Sam brings my hand up to his mouth where he gently presses his lips to it. I force a small smile, Sam smiles back at me and lets go of my hand. I check to make sure that dad is still unable to see us then I bring his lips to mine. After our lips part, we stand there for a second with his forehead against mine.

Sam takes my duffle bag from me and we head upstairs to my room. Once in my room, he takes in the changes that have been made. "When did this happen?" he asks.