Chapter 13

AUTHORS NOTE: In this chapter there will be a small part that is very intense and it involves suicidal themes, you don't have to read it. So if you want, you can skip over it and start reading where you feel comfortable.

A year ago at this time, I would've been packing up to leave my dad's house with no warning. I remember the night before just like it was yesterday. I was cleaning up my plate from the leftover food I ate for dinner that night. Dad sat on the couch, drinking a beer, and watching television.

The idea had been in my head for a couple of months and I finally got enough courage to go through with it. After cleaning up, I took one last look at my dad before I headed upstairs. My room was a mess, there were still slash marks in the wall from the time I basically went psychotic after Sam had Gabriel bring me back here. My duffle bag sat in the corner, the place that I'd had it for a while now.

I waited there until I knew for sure that my dad had gone to sleep. All you could hear was the floorboards squeaking and the sound of my boots as I walked through the house for the last time. I grabbed the keys to my truck off of the kitchen counter where they always sat and headed outside. My truck was parked in the car lot as it always had been so I took my bag, put in the passenger seat, and got in.

I put the key in the ignition and the sound of the truck engine sounds like a gunshot, it's so loud in the silence of the night. My plan had gone wrong. A light switches on in my dad's house, and there stands my dad on the front porch. I drive down the road ignoring my dad as he yells for me to come back, I didn't want to turn around, I didn't want to go back.

That morning, I wake up and see Sam laying next to me in my bed. I don't remember falling asleep here, I mostly remember falling asleep on the couch. I look at him and I can see his chest rise and fall, he looks so peaceful. I wish that I could freeze this moment right here, so when things get bad -- I feel that moment isn't far behind -- I can go back to now, Sam is fast asleep and I can just look at him in this peaceful state of unconsciousness.

I rub my eyes and look up to the ceiling. The sun shines through the curtains, the light is blinding. I turn back on my side and look at Sam's face with the sunshine illuminating it. He looks like an angel -- how ironic though because he was Lucifer's vessel.

He still has yet to shave, the stubble is much more noticeable than before. His eyes flutter open and he sees me watching him, my face flushes. "That's payback I guess," he says in a sleepy voice.

"What do you mean?" I reply.

"Wouldn't be the first time I've laid here and just watched you sleep," he says slowly, his voice is raspy and it's really hot. A small smile spreads on my face.

"That's just on the verge of creepy," I reply and chuckle softly. We get out of bed and grab something to eat before getting on the road. We do another case, and after finishing that one, Sam and I hang out at the motel while Dean gets us something to eat. I sit at the table playing solitaire on Sam's laptop while Sam watches television so he can "catch up" on everything that he's missed in the past year and a half.

Dean shows up with our food, "Hey!" Sam greets him, "I heard you talked to Bobby, did he find out anymore on this 'Mother of All' thing?" he asks.

"Nope," Dean replies. Sam's phone starts beeping, he picks it up and this confused look appears on his face. "What is it?" Dean asks.

Sam throws him the phone and I look over Dean's shoulder, "Are these coordinates?" I ask.

"Yeah, I have no clue who it's from though," Sam replies. I type in the coordinates onto the laptop and it leads me to Bristol, Rhode Island. So, I search the area up on the internet to see why these coordinates were sent to Sam.