Chapter 6

Calumet City, Illinois. Another suicide, these are always the hardest to work. You never really know if it's a case or not, it just kind of depends on the circumstances of the suicide. Sometimes people can just be really cruel, but other times some spirits can be cruel too.

We're here working this case because it does sound a little suspicious, people don't just be straight up with you all the time. You at least give them little lies to be nice and not hurt their feelings, but the people that worked with this victim said that they told her things that they never would've said out loud. Obviously they did say these things, because if they didn't, this girl might be alive still. So, I suggested that we check it out and the guys actually listened to me for once.

A few hours earlier...

We find a food stand to get some lunch from, Sam and I order food while Dean goes to probably call Lisa for the millionth time. For some reason, he's been having to leave voicemails; he hasn't actually talked to her, I'm not sure if they had a fight or something. "So, it seems kind of weird that Dean would have to ask me if I have his back, don't you think?" Sam asks. He probably thinks that I said something to him, which I know that I didn't, but Dean must be suspicious about the whole thing.

"How many times do I have to tell you? I didn't say anything to him. Can you please just shut your mouth before I really do go tell him," I reply angrily.

He laughs, "You're funny."

"Yeah, it wasn't a joke." We see Dean walking through the grass nearby, we walk up beside him.

"Hey, I was just um, leaving Lisa a message," Dean says.

"She still hasn't called you back?" I ask.

"No," Dean replies.

"That sucks," Sam says.

"Yeah," Dean replies. He takes his food from Sam and we start walking through the grass together.

"You okay?" Sam asks. The first time he's asked anyone that question for a while, it's like he doesn't even care.

Dean hesitates, he's giving Sam this weird look. "Yeah, I'm fine. How are you?" he asks.

"Me? Great," Sam replies, but he must be lying.

I had a newspaper in my hand, "Here, take a look a this," I hand the guys the newspaper, "I think it might be something," I say. The headline says "Fourth Tragic Suicide", "Four people, out of nowhere, all in the last couple of weeks. What do you guys say?"

Dean thinks for a second, "Yeah. Sounds like a plan. Let's go," Dean says and hands the newspaper back to me. That leads us to now, we drive to the latest victim's home where her sister was packing up things, cleaning up her apartment for her. We look around, seeing all of the decorations and furniture, seeing if we can find anything that might show us that this is definitely one of our kind of things.

"I don't understand," she says, "Why would federal investigators be interested in a suicide?"

"Well, um, it's a new, more caring administration," Sam replies. I walk around with Dean, I can tell that this girl has a lot of decorations with cats on them. Cat calendars, even those little ceramic cat things.

"Well, I already told the cops, Jane was having a really bad day. So, I did what any sister would do," her sister says. Sam has this weird look on his face and she turns around and faces us, she flashes Dean a smile too. "I...tried to cheer her up, you know? I told her to hang in there." She hangs her head down, and Sam just narrows his eyes at her -- something about this girl's story doesn't seem to add up, I feel like she's lying.