CHAPTER SEVEN

I stormed down the hallway my friends in tow, I turned around red-faced to say something to the others when I was taken off my feet by a black blur.

"What the hell" gasped Zack.

I sat up to see... a black lizard? No, a black dragon prancing around me happily. I picked it up and realized that he was my dragon Obsidian.

"How did you get here?" I asked as he licked my face and made his way up to my shoulders.

I felt a small presence tugging on my mind and looked at Obsidian, I allowed it to enter to have the small dragons happy emotions come flooding through me. I got to my feet and looked at the others who were staring at me with blank faces.

"Meet Obsidian" I laughed.

They snapped out of their daze and approached me slowly. Obsidian raised his small, head, attempted to roar, which sounded more like a squeak and puffed out a small flame.

"They're friends" I giggled seeing him puff his chest out to make himself look bigger.

"So cool, I can't wait for Cobalt to hatch," said Chase circling me to look at the little dragon.

"What is he doing here?" Asked Max

"I don't k-"

"OBSIDIAN! GET BACK HERE NOW!" Screamed a desperate voice.

I snapped my head to its source to see a boy with messy black hair that was shaved slightly shorter at the sides and tired, dusty brown eyes running full speed down the hallway.

He skidded to a stop and bent over with his hands on his knees to catch his breath. Once he steadied his breathing he stood up straight and looked down at me.

"I see he found his rider, Aurora I assume?" He said running a hand through his dark hair which I noticed had bits of dark blue running from it.

"Um... yeah," I said a bit confused.

"Oh, Sorry... I'm Kai" he said rubbing the back of his neck "I'm in charge of looking after the dragon eggs and the new hatchlings.

"How that going for you?" I asked noticing the dark circles around his eyes.

"It's so not worth the extra credit, I thought they were gonna be cute, you know? But nooo. I've spent the last hour chasing this guy who decided to hatch early" he said pointing at Obsidian who was looking at him with his big purple eyes innocently.

We all laughed watching the boy dust himself off.

"Do you mind bringing him back?" He asked "There's no way I'm gonna be able to get him to stay in his nest unless you tell him to"

"Sure" I replied, disappointed that he had to leave so soon.

"You don't need to take him now though, he can spend the day with you, it's good for bonding but he'll have to come back before curfew" he explained.

I gave him a bright smile and thanked him for his help.

"What have you got now?" Asked Max.

"Magic and spells" I replied.

"Same!" Said Adelia excitedly.

I laughed at her reaction and said goodbye to the others before heading off to class with Obsidian fast asleep around my shoulders.