CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

The next morning I awoke to the golden sun blazing down over my face. I forced my tired body into a sitting position and looked around to see that I just so happened to be laying in the only place that the trees were thin enough for the light beams to break through. Typical.

I stretched my arms upwards and looked around at the others to see that Shade was the only one awake and was sitting quietly on an overlooking rock. I got to my feet and walked lazily over to him.

"Morning Princess" he greeted.

I stopped in my tracks, taken back slightly by how low and husky his voice sounded in the mornings. He shifted over for me to sit down next to him and cleared his throat. I resumed my walk over to the rock and climbed up next to him.

"Morning" I greeted while getting myself comfortable on the rock. "you can get some sleep now, I'll take this watch" I finished, turning my head to face him.

"Nah, I haven't been awake for long" he explained, his red eyes meeting my purple ones.

I nodded my head and looked back to the others.

"Do you think we will find him?" Shade asked.

I could feel him looking at my face but I continued to look forward.

"We have to" I replied, bringing my legs up to my chest in an effort to protect myself from the cold.

Shade grabbed the sides of my cloak and wrapped it further around me to keep me warm.

"Then we will" he replied.

*_*

It was around 6:00 am by the time everyone was ready to leave, I practised my dark abilities with Asher for the small amount of time that it took for our dragons to return before we were back on route. We flew for what seemed like hours before we finally reached the borders to the land of Solitudinem, the now afternoon sun continued to scorch the dead lands with its radiant beams, I averted my gaze from the horizon to see the boundary of the land.

The famous border marker was basically a long river made entirely of glowing, molten lava that spat threateningly at anyone who dared to enter, but the strangest part was the fact that it was always raining without fail on our side of the river.

Some people say that this is because of some ancient curse that was set to separate the two lands, while others just believed that the Archangels caused it to keep the fiery lands at bay, but for whatever reason, it fulfilled its purpose effectively meaning that very few people would ever try to enter the land and the small amount who did were never seen again.

"We will fly over the border until we reach the forest of Mortem" shouted Asher through the now pouring rain.

I pulled the hood of my cloak up and Max's grip tightened around my waist. I pushed Obsidian faster so we were spending towards the border at a great speed, there were rumours that there was an invisible wall that stretched up to the heavens themselves, but I couldn't let that small chance of immediate failure hold me back, I had to believe that we could push through it because this was our only way in, it was all or nothing.

I screamed out in determination as we broke through the invisible boundary, proving the rumours to be true, this caused a brilliant light to erupt from the newly penetrated spot, it radiated outwards in a full ring around us until it dimmed and disappeared, leaving no evidence that it had ever been broken.

Obsidian came to a stop safely at the other side, causing a wave of relief to flood through me. I watched closely as the others flew through the border before we began our journey through the land of Solitudinem.