CHAPTER TEN

Aurora's POV:

The horrendous, earsplitting bell rung out signalling break. I gathered my things and immediately made my way up to the nursery.

I began climbing the spiral staircase when a familiar electricity came burning through me, recognizing it as Shade I began descending back down the steps quickly in hopes of avoiding his arrogance.

"Don't leave on my accord" came his smooth voice from further up the stairs.

I stopped dead in my tracks and looked back towards the stairs seeing no sign of him. How the hell did he know it was me?

He rounded the corner looking pissed off as usual and shoved past me forcing me to grab onto the railing for support. Anger blazed up inside me and I span around to face his back.

"What the hell is your problem?" I asked finally allowing my anger to show.

His back tensed up and he turned around and walked back up the stairs so he towered over me.

"You" he stated plainly.

"When have I ever done anything to you?" I cried refusing to let him intimidate me.

"Everyone thinks your amazing just because your a Mythica, some of us weren't born privileged like you, some of us had to spend our lives fighting to get where we are," he said backing me up against the stone wall.

"I didn't ask for any of this, do you think I wanted to be what I am? everyone expects me to be some amazing person who is worthy of saving them from Sebastian or some shit! but guess what? I'm not!" I shouted meeting his hateful gaze.

He stayed within a few inches of my face breathing heavily. Obsidian lay still watching him closely but not bothering to react to him threatening me, I guess he's not trained enough yet?

"What is it about you?" Shade whispered barely audible looking down into my eyes.

I looked at his arms that were positioned either side of me, I pushed one of them down forcefully and ran to the top the stairs as fast as I could without looking back.

I pushed open the nursery doors and slammed them shut behind me, tears began to trail lightly down my face, I scolded myself and wiped them away quickly with my sleeve. I will not be seen as weak.

"Shade! I swear if that's you again, I -" called Kai rounding the corner with his hand up in protest.

"Oh... Aurora, it's you. Good!" he said replacing his angry features with a warm smile.

"Why was he here?" I asked curiously.

"Shade? he is a hybrid who has unlocked three of his potential sides, it's really rare but not impossible" he said shrugging.

"Whats his third side?" I asked hoping that I could avoid him as much as possible.

"Angel" he scoffed.

I had to stop myself from bursting out laughing at the irony that he's a first-class asshole.

"Has he been bothering you?" I questioned changing the subject slightly.

"Just a tad" he laughed "he keeps coming to see if his egg has hatched and today he had the cheek to blame me! ME! the one who is up here looking after them all every day"

"It still hasn't hatched?" I asked.

Usually, dragon eggs would hatch fairly quickly after choosing their rider.

"Nope. He's the only one, other than you who has a Nightshade dragon as well so it should have by now" he said with awe pointing at a pure black egg with fading red tinges.