3.2

"Father, I heard there was medicine to help you get stronger," Lin Xi blinked his eyes cutely.

His father was used to his son's adorable acts and was unfazed, "Yes, what about it?"

"I want one!"

"The village only has so many and I don't have a say in who is given one. Best to ask the doctor." His father indifferently said.

Without replying, Lin Xi ran to the doctor's house which was pretty close to his.

"They grow up so fast," His father watched him run out and sighed.

Seeing a middle-aged man, Lin Xi smiled sweetly at him before asking, "Uncle, I heard there was medicine that helps you get stronger. Can I have one?" He used his cutest voice ever.

Dr. Fu was surprised by his little visitor and recognized it was the blacksmith's son.

"Oh? Why do you need one?" The medicine was usually given to the hunters who get food for the village.

"Not for me. For Wang Lei."

Dr. Fu remembered that Wang Lei's mother passed away few months ago and his father began treating his son harshly. The boy came in a couple of time injured, but he refused to speak so the doctor could only bandage him up and let him leave. He heard that some kids also bully him - including the boy in front of him.

"I heard you bully Wang Lei. Why would you give him medicine?" Dr. Fu pinched Li Yang's fat cheeks.

Lin Xi rubbed his cheek, "Uncle, I was only trying to help him get stronger, but I didn't realize he was so weak! This is my last resort. I'll get him strong, so no one can bully him."

And so he can get rid of the protagonist for me!

The doctor looked at his eyes and saw no impurity. It was hard to fool his eyes; he could tell if someone was lying to him. He didn't expect the boy to be so innocent.

"There's only a limited amount of medicine, so I can't give it to just anyone. They take a lot of herbs to make," Dr. Fu shook his head.

When Lin Xi heard, he jumped up and said, "Don't worry Uncle, I can collect the herbs. Just tell me what you need."

Seeing Li Yang's sparkling eyes filled with hope, the doctor could only give him a list and images of corresponding herbs. He repeatedly warned him about the dangers in the forest, so when he sees a wild animal, immediately run away because they might be poisonous. After an hour of lecturing, Lin Xi was finally allowed to leave.

Even though he was only 10 years old, all the children in the village had some type of basic training from their parents, so the doctor was not that concern. It was just that some herbs are hard to distinguish between poisonous and non-poisonous ones. There were also some unknown wild animals that could be dangerous.

However, Lin Xi wasn't worried because he had the system's monitoring skills which could make sure no dangerous animal approach - that was what he thought.

A few moments later, he was running away from a boar.

Lin Xi: System!

System 1314: Host, I swear I was checking the area.... It was just that the boar was too fast....

Lin Xi couldn't believe how useless the system was, but he had no time to blame it.

He quickly transformed into a beautiful white fox and hid in the bushes. He made sure the boar was gone before transforming back.

Lin Xi learned that Li Yang's body actually had the ability to transform and showed his parents, but they forbid him from transforming because his beast was a nine-tailed fox which was actually extremely rare in this world even more than Feng Zhou's tiger. His parents told him that he had to control his powers which was the ability to make the tails appear and disappear.

When he could finally made only one tail appear instead of nine, his parents sighed in relief because they didn't want him to be targeted by the big clans. They only wanted him to have a humble and small life. Even till the end, he never exposed himself which was why he died so pitifully against Feng Zhou. He didn't want to go against his parent's wishes.

Just when he transformed, all nine tails appeared which meant he wasn't able to control his powers yet. Although he wanted to follow his parents wishes, he was in a life or death situation just now against that boar.

However, Lin Xi wasn't aware of a pair of eyes that witnessed the whole scene because he was yelling at the system in his head.

Wang Lei was fascinated by the beautiful, snowy white fox, but when he saw it was Li Yang, he frowned. He remembered in the morning, Li Yang found him in forest and the moment their eyes met, his ring heated up under his clothes, but he didn't dare to take it out.

Once, he took it out, someone tried to steal it because it looked valuable. Before his mother died, she gave him the ring.

"Xiao Wang, make sure to keep this ring safe. One day, you will find someone with the same ring and that person will become your partner. Remember, never to lose it."

Wang Lei clenched the ring in his hand.

—————

After Lin Xi scolded the system, it went to hide in a corner while he continued collecting herbs. When the sun started to set, he finally finished and ran back to the doctor's house.

Dr. Fu saw the boy covered in dirt and mud when he came in.

"Look Uncle, I got all the herbs. Now you can make the medicine." Lin Xi happily gave him all the herbs.

"Good job!" The doctor praised him.

Lin Xi smiled cheerfully until he heard the doctor's next words, "Come back next week to deliver the next batch of herbs."

"Ah?" Lin Xi tilted his head in confusion.

"Wang Lei is too young to be able to absorb the medicine all at once, so it would take a few years for his body to heal because he has a lot of internal and external injuries."

"A few years?!?!"

Lin Xi quickly calmed down. Since he's so young, he wouldn't be able to venture the world to find his lover anyway. He knew Wang Lei wouldn't grow powerful after one night. He shook his head and thanked the doctor before running off back home.