3.9

When Lin Xi opened his eyes, he saw a handsome man. Wang Lei already transformed back into a human. He gently brushed Wang Lei's hair out of his face. When his eyes were closed, he looks so adorable. Lin Xi couldn't resist giving him a peck on the forehead.

System 1314: Host...your lover?

Lin Xi: Don't worry. He won't know and it's his fault for not appearing yet. He can't blame me for admiring handsome men.

Unknown to Lin Xi, Wang Lei woke up when he noticed Lin Xi opened his eyes. He was shocked that he received a kiss. His lower region automatically reacted and he had to meditate before it finally calmed down.

At the same time, Feng Zhou asked Zhang Min to be his lover. She was secretly flattered and happy, but she pretended to be concern about Wang Lei.

"But, Wang Lei... Since I saved him, he's been attached to me..." She said in distress.

Feng Zhou was mad that a powerless man was trying to compete with him over the same woman. He marched over to his house and barged in to see Lin Xi feeding Wang Lei. Noticing the intruders who were interrupting his time with Li Yang, Wang Lei glared at them.

Thinking that Wang Lei was jealous, Feng Zhou stated, "Wang Lei, I challenge you to a life or death battle!"

He was about to refuse when Lin Xi stared at him with hopeful eyes, "You won't lose right?"

Wang Lei had no choice but to accept because he couldn't bear to let Lin Xi down.

They all went to the middle of the village where spectators gathered to see who was going to battle today. It was normal that men challenged each other to fights, but they were shocked to see Feng Zhou – a well-known celebrity in the village – fighting against Wang Lei – the weakling who couldn't fully transform.

They could see the obvious result, but only Lin Xi was confident that Wang Lei could beat the protagonist. Seeing Lin Xi's optimistic eyes, Wang Lei knew he couldn't lose.

When the battle started, Feng Zhou immediately transformed into a tiger. Wang Lei, on the other hand, didn't even attempt to transform. He promised that he wouldn't reveal himself unless it was absolutely necessary.

Despite seeing Feng Zhou try to intimidate him, Wang Lei was calm. Feng Zhou jumped up and tried to bite his neck, but unexpectedly, his opponent dodged. Wang Lei only had a knife in his hand and saw that Feng Zhou was about to attack. He moved to the side and rapidly plunged his knife into an artery. However, Feng Zhou was able to avoid it and only got grazed.

He was getting angry because of the weakling. He was actually struggling to kill him. His eyes turned red and his claws extended out. He dashed to Wang Lei and using his sharp and deadly claws, he scratched at his chest causing four bloody lines to appear on Wang Lei's chest.

At that moment, his ring that was hidden flew out and Lin Xi who was fixated on the battle saw the familiar ring. He quickly caught it and recognized that it was designed by him. But he didn't have time to focus on it because he saw that Wang Lei was pinned down by Feng Zhou.

Figuring out that Wang Lei was his lover, he blurted out the first thing that came to his mind.

"Wang Lei! If you win, I'll let you kiss me!" Lin Xi yelled out and the villagers looked at him strangely.

However, when Wang Lei heard, he immediately broke away from Feng Zhou's hold and transformed into his beast revealing to everyone his black panther. Due to shock, Feng Zhou paused momentarily and Wang Lei made the fatal move of crushing his neck.

All the villagers were appalled because they did not expect this outcome, nor did they expect to see Wang Lei's true form.

Wang Lei didn't care about the stares directed at him and only had his eyes on Lin Xi who was holding his ring tightly. Due to Lin Xi's words, he was able to regain his memories. Just as Lin Xi said that he would get a kiss, a flood of thoughts came back to him. The boy that he loved for years was willing to give him a kiss.

Lin Xi was also still in shock from the discovery of the ring and didn't notice his lover approaching him until he felt someone looming over him.

System 1314: Host, your task is complete.

Lin Xi: I don't care about the task! 

After getting yelled at the system decided to leave the host alone.

Seeing his lover's face was getting close to his, Lin Xi questioned, "What are you doing?"

"Kiss," Wang Lei stated.

"We're in public."

Wang Lei frowned and carried Lin Xi back to his room. When he was suddenly picked up, Lin Xi automatically held on to his lover's neck. As soon as he was placed on the bed, Wang Lei tried to kiss him, but he blocked his lips.

"Wait."

Lin Xi needed to understand what just happened. He held up the ring and asked, "Where did you get this?"

Wang Lei was sad that he didn't get to kiss, but complied and answered, "Mom."

"How long did you have it?"

"8 years."

8 YEARS?!?! Lin Xi was so mad that he didn't know his lover was with him the entire time.

As if he heard Lin Xi's thought, Wang Lei explained, "I didn't want to lose it, so I kept it hidden."

Lin Xi just sighed at his stupidity.

Wang Lei continued, "My mom said if someone had the same ring as me, the person would become my partner."

Lin Xi smiled in mischief, "So you're saying if someone came along and had the same ring, you would marry them?"

Thinking that Li Yang was angry, Wang Lei quickly denied, "No."

Lin Xi quickly changed his face to a dejected expression before taking out his matching ring. He frowned and ran out yelling, "I'm also not willing to marry you!"