4.9

Xue Long's eyes narrowed dangerously and pulled his brother by the collar.

"What did you just say?"

Xue Tao laughed in respond. "He will never produce an heir." He stated with a nefarious smile. He was satisfied with the fact that he destroyed his brother's chances of getting an heir. Even if he became the chief, the villagers would never approve of Xian Shi.

He made sure that Li Qiang put another drug In Xian Shi's tea that made him unable to get pregnant. Xue Tao was also suspicious as to why Li Qiang decided to betray him.

—————

Unknown to him – yesterday – after Li Qiang thought he stabbed Xue Yun, he ran back home where he broke down in front of his father. His father was shocked when he saw his son ran in the house with tiny specks of blood on his clothes and had a terrified expression on his face.

"What happened?" His father pulled in inside and noticed that Li Qiang was trembling.

Li Qiang was in shock. He never killed anyone in his life, but the moment he used the knife to stab Xue Yun, he felt dizzy. His blood was boiling when he saw Xue Yun's blood flowing out of the wound nonstop. His skin turned cold and he felt nauseous.

Feeling the bile coming up to his chest, he quickly ran away from the crime scene. His mind was blank as he ran back home. He was finally pulled back to reality when he heard his father.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." That was all he repeated even when his father tried to comfort him.

BANG

The door was slammed open as multiple soldiers rushed in to hold the father and son down on the ground.

"What are you doing?!?! Unhand me."

Xue Long walked in and ignored all the protest. He looked down in a condescending way as if they were ants he was about to stomp on.

"Xue Long, what's the meaning of this?"

Without answering him, Xue Long commanded his men, "Throw them into the prison."

The soldiers ungraciously tossed the duo into a dark and dirty cell that smelled like decaying humans. There was a mixture of blood and rotting bodies lingering in the air.

Li Qiang was ghostly pale and shaking in fear. His father hugged him in comfort and attempted to coax his son to tell him what happened. Li Qiang eventually broke down and confessed all the plans he was scheming with Xue Tao.

His father was speechless at the end. He never expected his son to turn so evil. He wanted his son to stay pure and innocent, but he knew that it was his fault that his son's personality warped. He had always wanted his son to have everything he never got. The villager's ridicules about his son compared to Xian Shi distorted his view on everything and he wanted his son to shine and become better than everyone. His view for his son destroyed Li Qiang's future and life.

When Xue Long came down to the prison, he was ready to take his son's place and confess for the crimes.

"Wait! My son is innocent. I am the one who planned everything."

Xue Long snorted and coldly responded, "Li Qiang was the one who poured the tea that poisoned Xian Shi and me. He also tried to murder my brother, Xue Yun. Don't try to take his place. He will be executed in public tomorrow afternoon in the middle of the tribe." 

—————

The next day, Xue Long confronted his brother and threw him into the prison. He personally entered the prison to tortured him until he spilled everything about the drug he had given Xian Shi.

In the prison, screams echoed throughout the cells. Li Qiang and his father who was already in the prison from yesterday heard the familiar voice. He barely lasted a minute against his brother who had been in war for the past 10 years. The moment a knife appeared, he began shaking. It wasn't long until he confessed everything.

Xue Long practically exploded when Xue Tao told him that the poison that was given to Xian Shi didn't have a cure. His brother was already on the ground – bloody and beaten – there was no way he was lying.

"Kill him. One limb at a time. Make sure he doesn't fall unconscious." He commanded his soldiers with an expressionless face as if the person wasn't his biological brother.

When Xue Tao heard the words, he immediately fainted, but he was woken up when cold water was splashed at him.

Li Qiang and his father overheard the entire conversation and shivered in fear. Ripping a person apart one limb at a time was terrifying. If the person doesn't die from blood lost, they would die from the intense pain. They continued to hear screams for another hour before they faded and a scent of blood and death filled the air.

—————

Xue Long left the prison and rushed to Xian Shi's side. He immediately called the doctor over to examine his fiancé. He was anxious about Xue Tao's words that his fiancé wasn't able to give birth. Xue Long loved Lin Xi, but he knew for a ger, being about to get pregnant was their happiness. He didn't want Lin Xi to be devastated by the news of not being able to give birth.

Lin Xi, on the other hand, smiled at his lover's actions. The system already informed him about Xue Long and Xue Tao's conversation. The system already gave him a cure for the poison, so he was perfectly fine, but he enjoyed being pampered by his lover.

The doctor who was feeling his pulse was nervous because Xue Long was glaring at him. If he said anything negative about Xian Shi's condition, he was sure that Xue Long would have him executed. After a moment, the doctor smiled in relief when he was sure that Xian Shi was fine.

Xue Long was anxiously hovering over Lin Xi's shoulder while he stared at the doctor.

"You don't have to worry. He is fine."

When the doctor spoke these words, Xue Long finally released an air of relief and didn't question about the fact that Xian Shi was supposed to be poisoned. He was just relief that he didn't lose the ability to give birth. 

"What would you do if I couldn't get pregnant? Would you still marry me?" Lin Xi asked.

Xue Long hugged Lin Xi where they only had an inch between them. He looked at his fiancé's eyes with all the love he could muster.

"I would still love you. There's no one I would want to marry other than you."

Satisfied with his answer, Lin Xi closed the gap between them with a deep kiss. They only stopped when there was a knock at the door.

"Commander, it's noon. It's time for the execution."

They reluctantly parted and went to the middle of the tribe. Li Qiang was already under the guillotine while his father was being held back by guards.

When the clock struck 12, the executor was ready. Suddenly, the father broke away from the guards and ran to his son. He was not willing to see his son's death. The guards who was taken back in surprise immediately drew their weapons. They couldn't take any risk of the execution failing.

The commander made it clear that there couldn't be any mistakes. The father and son duo had attempted to hurt his lover. He would never forgive them.

Although the father was trying to escape with his son, the soldiers glanced at the commander's face for permission to use their weapons. Seeing a confirmation, they ruthlessly executed the father and son.

Despite blood splashing on his clothes, Lin Xi was unfazed. Xue Long looked at his fiancé's face to ensure that he wasn't emotionally affected by his step brother and step father's death.

System 1314: Host, your task is complete.

Lin Xi: Mhmm

Lin Xi gave him a smile and whispered in his lover's ear.

"Dear, thank you." Hearing the soft voice, Xue Long felt his lower member react. He quickly pulled his lover back into his room.