5.5

Shen Heng scolded his guards for an hour before letting them go. His cousin was still missing, and he was furious. Passing the resting area where a bunch of employees was taking a break, Shen Heng was about to go back to his office when Shen Jin's name popped up.

He normally would ignore it but today the name made his heart beat faster.

"Hey, Yuan Ming! I saw that today you had another home cooked meal."

Yuan Ming saw his coworker's jealous faces and laughed. "It's so delicious! The president's younger brother, Shen Jin made it!"

As he boasted with pride, his coworker looked astonished. "How did you seduce the president's younger brother?"

"What are you talking about? Shen Jin made the lunch for the president." His response gave them a greater scare.

"How did you steal the president's lunch?"

"What are you saying?!? The president didn't want it, so I decide to eat it!" Yuan Ming saw his coworker's face pale visibly, but they didn't seem to be staring at him.

"Yuan Ming, I don't think I heard you clearly. Come with me." A cold voice sounded behind him.

Yuan Ming turned around to see the president's terrifying face and had no choice but to follow reluctantly.

Shen Heng leads him into his office and pointed to the chair across from his, "Sit."

Yuan Ming shivered at his cold tone. The president just stared at him emotionlessly for five minutes and the other couldn't take the silence anymore.

"Uh... president, is there something wrong?"

Shen Heng's eyes narrowed dangerously and he asked, "Is my brother's food good?"

Without thinking, Yuan Ming began complimenting. "It's amazing! I never had anything as good as Shen Jin's food!"

"Oh? Is that right?"

"Yea! It's a pity you don't want to eat it." Just as Yuan Ming finished his sentence, he regretted it due to the president's darken face.

"Get out!"

Yuan Ming jumped up and ran away as soon as possible.

Shen Heng glared at his secretary the entire day and Yuan Ming hid from the president the whole day.

Shen Heng's mood improved when his guards informed him that his cousin, Xia Chen was safely at home. Apparently, Shen Jin rescued him and brought him back.

Thinking of the other, Shen Heng's heart began to beat faster because of the dream he had yesterday. In his dream, there was a beautiful youth who always stayed by his side. He could sense that the person was important to him.

He wanted to stay with the person forever, but as soon as he opened his eyes, he discovered it was a dream. The youth's face was blurry, and he wasn't able to see clearly. One thing he noticed was that the black-haired youth had a familiar ring adorning his finger.

He remembered that 10 years ago, his parents had given him a pair of rings. He was 18 years old at that time and had begun helping his father in the company. One day, his parents decided to adopt a 10 years old boy who quickly became attached to him.

Shen Heng was already pressured from working at his father's company, so he didn't have time to play with his younger brother. Shen Jin stuck on to him like glue, irritating him even more than he was with the stress that came from the massive workload. He couldn't spare any time for the boy and resulted in him randomly handing Shen Jin one of the rings to convince the boy from bothering him. 

—————

This morning, Shen Heng woke up from the dream and immediately found the other pair of the ring hidden away in his drawer. Looking at the ring, he was sure that it resembled the one in his dream. Rubbing it affectionately, he put it in his suit pocket.

He also remembered that Shen Jin made him lunch one day a few years ago and he told Yuan Ming to throw it away. What he didn't expect was that his secretary actually ignored his order and ate the lunch. Shen Heng already warned his brother not to deliver any more food, but he continued, and Yuan Ming had been benefitting for years now.

Thinking about it only made him angrier since he had no knowledge of what was happening. He quickly finished his work for the day and went home.

Entering the house, the ring in his suit pocket instantly heated up. He thought that it was strange but didn't think any further. Lin Xi, on the other hand, felt his ring react and turned his head to the entrance where he saw Shen Heng in an impeccable suit.

He wanted to run up to the man, hug him and kiss him, but also take a knife and stab him a few times. Having mixed feelings about Shen Heng, Lin Xi gave him a long stare before looking away and gave the attention to Xia Chen who just woke up.

"Young master." The butler called out to Shen Heng.

Shen Heng turned his attention to the middle-aged man.

"Second young master came home with a little boy who he claims is your cousin."

Shen Heng nodded and sighed in relief. He looked over at Shen Jin who was affectionately playing with their cousin, making his head hurt slightly. The scene was somewhat familiar as if he experienced it in the past.

He brushed it off as he ate dinner with both of them, but the sight in front of him made his eye twitch. Shen Jin was hand feeding Xia Chen which he normally wouldn't care about, but for some reason, it made him jealous. Even if his cousin was 5 years old, he felt that the boy was his rival.

"Shen Jin, leave the boy alone. Xia Chen is old enough to eat by himself."

After Lin Xi heard Shen Heng, he felt an abnormal sense of déjà vu. He remembered hearing a very similar thing in his past life with his son and lover. They were both arguing about something mundane.

"Leave him alone. The boy can eat by himself." His lover stated as he entered the room.

Lin Xi was in the middle of feeding Xue Wei when he heard Xue Long. His lover shamelessly took his hand that was holding the spoon and put it in his mouth.

"Daddy, my food," Xue Wei looked at him with teary eyes as Xue Long laughed.

"As my son, you are expected to do great things in the future, so eat by yourselves while daddy and I spend time together," Xue Long looked at their son with a serious expression. 

Xue Wei stared at his father and started to believe him as Xue Long continued.

"How old are you?" Xue Long asked their unsuspecting son.

"Five"

"When I was five years old, I was already following my father into war!" Xue Long exclaimed. 

Xue Wei gasped and nodded. Soon, the serious expression on Xue Long disappeared and he laughed out loud making their son look up and finally realize his father was lying.

His son turned his attention to Xue Long and attempted to glare while Xue Long smirked in response. Lin Xi just shook his head at the scene he witnessed. 

—————

Lin Xi recalled his past memories and life with his lover and son.

"Big brother?" Xia Chen called out when he noticed that Shen Jin spaced out.

Lin Xi was pulled back to reality and saw that Xia Chen and Shen Heng was staring at him.

"I'm fine." He smiled at the boy and continued to feed Xia Chen. When Xia Chen was full, the boy took the spoon and brought food to Lin Xi mouth. Faced with an adorable boy, Lin Xi didn't refuse finally ate until he was full.

Shen Heng wasn't happy with the scene in front of him. Usually, Shen Jin had all the attention and care towards him, not some random boy.