xiv.

The game went on until midnight. Most of us are sleepy so we decided to call it a night and went inside. Apparently, me and Yanchen are roommates. Just as we entered our room, he let himself collapse on the comfy bed.

"Get your ass off Yanchen. I'll sleep at the bottom bunk," I groaned.

"Just five more minutes," he replied. Not wanting to argue, I just let him be. 

I reached my pockets for my phone but it wasn't there. I searched my bags but there's no sight of my phone. I think I left it at the bonfire.

"I'll be out for a while. Don't try to sleep on that bed or else I'll throw your fucking ass out of the window," I threatened Yanchen. He shrugged in response.

I jogged my way to the backyard. Thankfully, I saw my phone lying where I was sitting before. I was about to return to our room when I heard voices in the kitchen.

"Look Y/N, I know I was a jerk and I'm sorry."

"It's all in the past now Zheng. And don't worry, I'm already over it. I'm actually grateful you've been honest to me before things would go downhill. You don't have to bury yourself in guilt because you're already forgiven," you softly replied.

I tiptoed my way and peeked behind the counter to listen. 

"But still----

You chuckled. "Seriously Zheng, I'm fine. No need to worry. And there's no point in lying because I know you can see right through me."

I heard him sigh in defeat. "I'm so happy to still have you as my friend, even if I used you to get over my ex-girlfriend. Any guy would be lucky to have you."

------------------------------------------------------