xvii.

A/N: I failed as a girl :)))))))---------------"I-I'll g-go set the table so we could eat," you uttered and quickly did as you said

---------------
"I-I'll g-go set the table so we could eat," you uttered and quickly did as you said.

The trio continued their lowkey teasing at breakfast which made me uncomfortable while the others are oblivious of what just happened a while ago.

I quickly finished my food and was about to escape when Zheng Ting spoke up, "Xukun, why don't you wash the dishes? I think Yanchen helped enough."

Zhangjing added, "Y/N, can you please help Xukun? He was supposed to do it with me but I have to do something important. I'll make it up to you okay?"

These bastards.

You nodded hesitantly knowing that you cannot escape from them.

****
It was nothing but an awkward silence. I noticed you trying to open your mouth to say something but closed it again, afraid that you'll make it more awkward. I decided to break the ice.

"How did you meet Zheng Ting?"

You were slightly taken aback at the sudden question. You sighed and relaxed your muscles before answering.

"I met him at the university when we were sophomores. He was my partner for a project and we got good results. Then after that we still hang out."

Again, silence filled the air. But a little less awkward than before.

"You heard us last night talking right? Zheng Ting told me."

I nodded.

"He broke up with his girlfriend a month after and I found him crying at the university park. As any friend would do, I comforted him until I developed feelings for him which he gladly accepted. I was so happy that time but later on he became honest with me," she continued.

She waited for my response but I stood her urging her to go on.

"Please don't hate him. What he did is wrong but he has a reason. He was hurt. And he's still your friend."
-----------------------