xxxix.

"Your lipstick is wearing off," Zhengting told Suyin.

Suyin quickly checked herself using her phone as mirror. Seeing her lips are almost fading its color, she rummaged through her purse to find her lipstick.

"Shit I forgot my lipstick," she facepalmed.

"You can use mine," Zhengting offered.

"You'll have indirect kiss with him," Xiao Gui chimed in.

"It's just a lipstick, no biggie," Suyin shrugged.

She swiped the thing to her lips and returned it to Zhengting. We were talking on our table when Xinyi approached us.

"You guys having fun?" she asked smiling.

We all nodded, returning the smile.

"How's the food Jingjing?" she turned to Zhangjing.

"I told you to stop calling me that jiejie," he pouted.

Xinyi just squished his cheeks earning a groan from the latter. After chatting with us for a little bit, she went to other tables to entertain all her guests.

"What took you so long?" Suyin asked as you went to our table.

"Sorry," you giggled.

Your gaze unconsciously landed on me. I flashed a smile and you did the same. "You look beautiful Y/N."

You smiled sheepishly.

As we were enjoying our dessert, a sound suddenly startled us, including other guests.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. How are you feeling? How's the food?" the mc asked warming up the atmosphere.

After receiving cheers of approval, he continued, "Tonight we are here to witness and celebrate the newly wedded couple, Mr. and Mrs. Xu!"

Loud cheers filled up the the venue, especially from our table. With the mc's cue, a sweet music is played and the couple went to the dance floor and danced.

When they were done, the venue was again filled with applause.

"Okay, for the next song you can dance with your partners and dance the night away," and with that the mc exited.

I quickly approached you and held out my hand asking, "May I have this dance?"

---------