xxii.

After listening to my dilemna, I caught him trying to suppress his smile.

Ziyi's been my roommate since last year. He transferred from other school due to his family's circumstances.

"You obviously like her man!" he blurted out.

"Crush, maybe. But I don't think I like her that way yet," I denied.

"Well, yes, there's that possibility. One way to find out is by hanging out with her few more times."

"I don't know man," I replied.

He chuckles. "You look quite pathetic right now to be honest."

*******

After borrowing some notes, I went to the university park to study. Most people would study in the library but it's different in my case. I prefer the park because it's giving me a more confortable feeling.

I found my usual spot and sat there. I plugged my earphones and absorbed the music. I didn't notice you taking the spot opposite of me. Because of the music blasting in my ears, I didn't hear you calling me. So you plugged one of my earphones.

Annoyed by the sudden act, I was about to utter a curse but I realized it was you. I playfuy rolled my eyes.

"You're playing hard to get Cai. Such a diva," you huffed in annoyance.

"Sorry about that princess. You here to study?" I retorted, not noticing the shy blush on your cheeks.

Your mood suddenly changed.

"Whoah. Easy there tigress," I chuckled trying to lighten up your mood. "What happened?"

You were silent. After debating with yourself whether to keep quiet or not, you do the latter.

"My parents just got a divorce."
-------
A/N: Short chapters are intentional just to remind you.