xxxi.

"It's obvious that he likes you."

"I--, he's--" you tried to utter some words but can't complete a sentence.

You always catch him stealing glances at you but you always ignore it. The way he looks into your eyes intensely gives you a feeling on your stomach that you can't explain.

You have an idea where this is heading to but you just shut it. But deep inside, you know that even just a bit, there's something you feel for him.

He's undeniably handsome and you've seen some girls checking him out quietly. He has that vibe around him that would make you stop and look at him.

"Hey, you alright?" Zhengting asked.

"Uhm, yeah. I'm good," you replied.

Zhengting stared at your for a while and smiled to himself.

"Y/N. You might not want to hear this but I think you like him too."

"Of course not!" you quickly defended.

"I knew it," he smirked.

You were about to say another word when the sound of someone coming in interrupted you.

It was Xukun.

Zhengting had an idea and quickly flashed you an evil grin.

"Since you're here already, you might as well take my place," he announced looking at Xukun.

He grabbed his things and exited the room muttering a quick goodbye.

Xukun furrowed his eyebrows. "What was that about?"

"It's nothing. He's just being annoying again," you replied.

He shrugged his shoulders and sat on the chair beside the bed.

"You're going to get discharged tomorrow, right?"

You nodded.

Silence filled the atmosphere again. You gazed through the window.

Xukun suddenly went and sat beside you. You looked at him weirdly but he just stared at you. You became so flustered that you can't even look at him in the eye.

Then he slowly leaned closer until your face are inches apart. Not knowing what to do you closed your eyes waiting for something to happen.

Then you felt a peck on your forehead.
---------------