xv.

I saw you smile at him in response.

"Speaking of which, how did you meet Xukun?" Zheng Ting asked.

"Remember when I was almost late one time? I bumped into him at the hallway," you answered.

Zheng Ting nodded in response. Silence enveloped the two of you, but it was a comfortable one. Few moments passed until you decided to retire in your room, leaving Zheng Ting alone. Luckily, you're already inside your room when I accidentally knocked down the glass on the counter top. Since there's no point in hiding, I got up and revealed myself while picking up the poor glass.

"You almost gave me a heart attack!" Zheng Ting exclaimed, a hand on his chest. "And what the hell are you doing hiding behind the counter?"

I awkwardly scratched my neck thinking of an excuse but no words came out of my mouth.

"You heard all of it, didn't you?" he asked.

I nodded in response and sat on the counter top. "Why didn't you tell us before?" I asked him.

"Knowing you guys, I could've been dead by now. It's given that you guys are pricks but soft when it comes to your sisters. If you knew that I was treating a girl that way, do you really think I'm still alive talking to you right now?" he replied.

He's got a point.

"You know, you could've still told me though. You know that I won't hit someone unless they pissed me off big time," I muttered. "And someone like her doesn't deserve to be treated as a rebound."

Awkward silence filled the air. I was about to break the ice but he beat me to it.

"You like her, don't you?"

-------------------------------------------------