like I'd lose

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Conan's P.O.V.-

"You know, I can deal with guys like him..." I say as I stop pretending I was knocked out. Kid was sloppy and didn't check (for once) If I was even out cold.

"So the brat was awake...you're getting sloppy KID," the man said, his grin was the only thing visible in the shadows. "Hey boy, want to be in my team, we'll beat this thief together."

Kid stepped in front of me, covering my view of the man and vise versa. 'Is this guy...with them...?'

"Sorry Snake, but this child needs to go to bed soon and I'm making sure he gets home safely otherwise his guardian will never let him out to play again." Kid said to the man called Snake, aiming his gun at him in the process, hand in pocket retrieving a white bead.

Kid threw the flash bomb in front of the man while taking me with him in the process and rushing past Snake.

"Sorry tantei-kun, I hope your not afraid of heights!" Kid said as he jumped off the building, me still in his arms. I won't say it didn't surprise me and I'll admit I might have yelled a little (squeaked) but I did hear two shots being fired from behind us.

"Stop squirming so much, tantei-kun, I can't direct the hangglider like this!" Kid said, right next to my ear...

"Who was that guy? Why did you look so agitated in front of him? Why did you knock me out?" I asked, I needed answers.

"Ill try to answer when we land so stop struggling, please!" Kid said quieting me down.

We landed near a public park and when we did the first thing I did was jump off of the thief and aim my watch at him. He was on the ground leaning against a tree and holding an area near his side.

"You were shot..." I said, kinda shocked that he of all people was shot.

"It's just a scratch, tantei-kun" he said trying to make the situation less serious than it was.

"We can't take you to a hospital and if you move too much you'll bleed out..." I started to mumble, thinking up a plan.

"Tantei-kun..."

"Should I call professor Agasa...? Haibara...?"

"Tantei-kun."

"Can you be quiet?! I'm trying to think of a solution!"

"Tantei-kun!"

That startled me, even if he is an untouchable phantom thief, he's still human, he can still feel pain and frustration.

"Like I'd lose to a bullet."