Play the game

No one's s P.O.V?

As the other two and Nakamori talked about their next course of action, Kaito started to feel eyes on him. It was only those 4 in the room but he felt someone else's presence here.

"Kudo-san, are you ok with our plan?" Hakuba asked 'Shinichi' (Kaito) as he looked at him with concern.

"...huh...?"

"The brat isn't even paying attention!" Nakamori mumbles as he looks ready to punch 'Shinichi'. Hattori just stares silently as he has his guard up.

"Sorry, alot of things have been on my mind. Do you want the jewel back Nakamori-keibu?" 'Shinichi' asks.

"Ah, pass it to me." The inspector commands while glancing at one direction. Of course Kaito didn't fail to notice but he'll check that later.

'Shinichi' starts to pass the jewel to the inspector but stops.

"Can I keep the jewel for a while?"

"...huh..." everyone else asks as they stare in disbelief.

"I have a plan."
___________
Conan (Shinichi)'s P.O.V-

"What is he planning..." I mumble. I had found a place to stay hidden enough to not be discovered but I can still hear and see Kaito dressed as me and the others converse.

'Has he noticed...?'

"I suggest we split up in two and look around." Hakuba said as he looked towards the direction I had though someone else was hidden.

"Ah, I'd rather be alone, you three team up." Kaito said as he started to walk away from them.

"Oi! Kudo! Where are you going?!?!" Hattori asks as he was about to follow but stops...he must have felt the other presence.

"I have a plan, remember?"

'What is he planning? Where is he going? Should I follow...?'

I followed.

After a while, Kaito headed towards the stairs but before he went up he stopped.

"I know you're there, might as well come out." He said, I left my hiding place.

"Tantei-kun, you should know better then to be out way pass your bedtime, and in a different country too!!" He lectured with a mischevious glint to his eyes. I glare at him.

"What are you planning?" I asked as I felt another presence coming our way. Kaito carried me and started to run up the stairs.

"Have you been eating well? I haven't seen much of you since you've left. How are they treating you? Is it ni-"

"Answer the question!"

"....THEY have my special someone."

"Someone...?"

'Ah, right, they kidnapped me as Shinichi, me.' I blush at the thought but push it out of my head.

"Mhm! Someone as important as you." He said with a cheeky grin but his eyes held nothing but worry and...

...fear...

"Why would I be important?" I ask but the answer is obvious. I just want him to say it. It's funny how you worry about someone worrying about you.

He starts to look down, his hat tipping over as he tries to hide his embarrassment.

"Because!" He stops his running and looks away.

"Nevermind. Tantei-kun, what do you think I am?" He asked as he puts me down.

"...a thief." I said. He IS a thief and although that's not what I actually think of him, I can't expose myself in this sort of situation. He looks at me sadly.

"Yes, I'm a thief, you a detective. We are rivals yet..."

"Yet?" I ask, will he...?

"Yet I love you, and I can't risk losing you so I'll leave. It's cowardly but..."

"KID..."

"I'll be out of action because-"

"What are you-!"

'Please stop. Dont continue.'

"Listen!" He yells as he bends down in one knee and looks at me with a grimace expression.

"I don't know much about this Conan person, I can't understand what you're thinking sometimes. It scares me how much I love you without knowing you!" He yells as he grips my shoulders.

"KID..."

"...it's selfish of me to want to love you both but...I feel like I know Shinichi more than I know you. I've met you since long ago, longer than Shinichi. But he has never lied to me or hid anything from me...he is so blunt and you, a complete mystery..."

"I have been struggling but now I have Shinichi...he's a very important person to me so I have to save him. I'm the only one who can, so if i must disappear-" he starts to stand up.

"Then we'll go-" I start to say but he interrupts me again.

"I'm sorry but if you go, I'll have to deal with two people's safety."

"What are yo-! Argh!!"
____________
Kaito's P.O.V~

I knocked him out...

"...k...Id..." He mumbles as he collapses in my arms.

"I'm sorry, I'll be back, this is so you'll never get hurt." I mumble as I find a room on the floor that we are on and I enter.

I find a convenient couch and lay him there with a phone. He'll probably wake up in an hour but just in case I'll lock the door.

'I don't want him getting hurt.'

I was about to leave the room but I turn back and kiss him gently on the lips. If this is the last time I'll ever see him, I have to make the most of him.

"Ah, why are you crying in your dreams?" I mumble as I see a tear fall down his left eye. I wipe it away.

"I really do love you both, Meitantei-kun"