A cold told me...

Kaito's P.O.V.\

'Great....just great...'

I'm probably a mess right now since I couldn't fall asleep at all last night. Heck, I even cleaned the house spotless over the stress and mom is not here to make me tea or complain about the ruckus I'm making since she went over seas again.

What a morning, I'm tired, had a stressful night, and not only did tantei-kun pickpocket me for the stolen jewel as he gave me that.... surprise...he also gave me a cold I didn't even know he had. Yet, after all that, I'm still happy! I'm freaking out!!

"....gotta get out of here before I become insane by myself...maybe go to school..."

______________

"Kaito-kun, you don't look too well." Ran said as she comes towards me. It's break so its usually just Ran, Sonoko, Shinichi and I just talking before class starts again.

"Ah, yeah, just a slight cold." I say, trying to not make them worry too much. Truth is, I'm heating up but there is no one at home and I don't want to be alone.

"A cold? Want to go to the infirmary?" Sonoko asks as she gets closer too.

"Wow, you're heating up! Oi! Shinichi, can you take him?" Sonoko asks, well tells him as she points to me. He looks pretty irritated to be told what to do but start walking towards my side to help me up.

"I'm fine, re-"

Before I can finish though, Shinichi pulls me up and wraps my arms around his neck for support as he makes me walk to the door.

"C'mon Kaito, stop complaining." He says as he takes me there.

As we leave, I trip on nothing and almost fall on the way there so he makes me hop onto his back. No one's around since class has started again so I see no reason to refuse.

As he takes me there, I end up noticing how pretty and soft his hair is and how pale his skin is compared to mine. Having to wear disguises of even females, I make sure to not get tans, that's really pale for him then. He also seems to be taller than me by not much but it's still taller than me and he has a slightly bigger build. Not like I'll admit to it out loud.

'....he's quite muscular too...'

____________

"Nee~ Shinichi~" I say as I lay on a bed and he looks around for who I assume is the nurse.

"Hm...I don't think she's here." He says as he goes to look for something at a nearby cabinet instead.

"Shinichi~!" I cry out, needing attention.

"Is this cough medicine?" He says to himself as he ignores me and looks through bottles with prescription labels on them.

"Shin-chan~!" I whine again, this time knowing he'll respond to his not so favorite nickname.

"What is it?" He says irritated as he turns around and gives in, finally asking what's wrong.

"....the forbidden love thing from before....the guy I like...k-kissed me...."

________________
Shinichi's P.O.V.-

"What?" I ask as Kaito's sudden say not too long ago finally sinks in.

"The guy I like kissed me and that's why I have a cold...I caught his cold..." he says as he starts to mumble to himself.

So it's really true that he likes men. Is it weird that both Kaito and I like guys  and look the same? The fact that I was the one that kissed Kid though is different from Kaito being kissed by the guy he likes. So complicated...

"...but...he and I can't be since he's in hiding and he wants me to...find him... I want to find him but..." Kaito starts to mumbles again.

'Being sick makes Kaito really open, check! Wait, find him? In hiding..??? A criminal!?!?' I think, literally minutes away from asking Kaito who he is so I can call the police to arrest the guy.

"What kind of person is he anyways...?" I ask out of curiosity as I take out the cold medicine I just found.

"He's persistent, smart, curious, righteous, dense, a little overly confident when he's showing off his deduction skills but...it can be kinda cute when he does so..."

"...so he's a detective...?" I ask as I take a glass of water to him too. Kaito looks almost like a tomato due to the cold, so he'll probably will need the strong medicine and water to drink it down fast.

"...he's a detective.... and it's kinda ironic since...I'm a thief..."

"Really now..." I mumble, not really paying much attention since I'm trying to make him drink the medicine.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

'
"Wait.....what???"

I had already finished giving Kaito the medicine and now I'm just standing there in a shocked like state like an idiot as I just look at Kaito.

"Dumb tantei-kun....giving me his cold..." he says as he rolls to the side, kicking the blankets a little and finally falling asleep.

"W-what!?!?!?"