I already knew

Ran's P.O.V.☆

I already knew from the beginning...

I have began to notice that...Shinichi doesn't have feelings for me anymore. When he came back, I was so happy just to see him but as soon as I saw his face, I knew, I knew he didn't see me the way I saw him. I knew he didn't love me the way I did...

I still love him....I can say so proudly since I know what it truly means. love is a strong word, a word not to be taken lightly, a word that brings joy and makes one hurt.

'...I would have never fallen in love if I'd known it would hurt this much...'

"Ran? What's wrong?" My dad asks as he enters the house from a long day at work.

After a year of being known as the sleeping Kogoro and out of nowhere not being able to do so no more, he went back to being a detective for the police force and he seems...happier.

"Ah, nothing dad, I'll prepare the table to eat." I say as I stand up and set the table for three.

"Ran........there's only two of us..." dad says as he stands by the door way.

"Ah, I forgot that..." .....I won't even finish the sentence.

"Another brat making my daughter sad for not being here." He mumbles, referring to Shinichi and Conan. I smile at him, trying to make him not worry but I know it didn't reach my eyes. Then a thought hitting me all of a sudden.

"Dad, do you regret falling in love with mom?" I ask as I serve our food and put away the set I accidently put down for Conan.

"Regret? Far from it, we were able to have you after all." Dad says as he sits down tiredly. I spin around so fast...

"Then why haven't you gotten back together? Do you not want to fight for her?" I ask as I stare at him.

"... things will happen on their own. We can't do much to change that." He answers as he opens a newspaper.

"Then, you'll let her go, just like that?" I ask as I slowly bring the food to the table.

"....if I must, then I will, I care too much to restrain her." He answers as he eats his food.

'What kind of advice is that?'

".....There are many ways one can deal with their feelings over someone. Try to find yours, I don't want you hurting after all." He says as he begins to eat.

"..."

_______________
"Ran-neechan?" A little girl's voice asks as I sit in the grass looking at the river bank.

"Ayumi-chan?" I say, realising it was Ayumi, a girl too cute for her own good.

"It's late, what are you doing out all on your own?" I ask as I look around for her mom or anyone I knew who would be with her.

"Ah, well, I had just finished meeting Haibara's neechan, Shinichi-neechan, at her home and was going home with professor Agasa and Haibara who were taking me home but I dropped something around here and I'm looking for it." She explains as I see realization hit her and she starts looking around.

After a few seconds, I see professor Agasa and Haibara from a distance and they are looking around as well.

"What did you lose?" I ask as I get up and look around as well.

".....my detective badge.....the one Conan-kun gave me...." she says as she stands there with a sad look.

At the mention of Conan, I remember the feeling I had when Shinichi first left and I was left to wait. Is she feeling the same way towards Conan?

"Ayumi-chan, do you like Conan?" I ask as I start looking for her detective badge.

"Yes, but he doesn't like me back." She answers, still looking around.

"....how do you know...?"

"...his eyes would shine when he saw me like when he talks about Sherlo ham... sherry home...? Sir luke-?"

"Sherlock Holmes?" I offer as I smile at the thought that us both are quite similar when we speak of our detective geek obsessed love interests.

"Yes! That's how you say it." She says as she smiles warmly at herself.

"Do your eyes shine when you talk to him?"

"Yes, I know since I can also feel it, my heart sometimes wants to explode!" She yells as she stretches out her arms exageratly.

"Hee~ mine does that too sometimes." I say as I copy her gesture.

We laugh then go back to looking for her badge as silence falls and the sky turns a redder shade.

"....are you ok even if Conan-kun doesn't like you?" I ask as I finally spot the small gold-ish looking badge.

"He's my friend, even if he doesn't like me that way, he'd still want me to be happy and that's what I'll do." She answers as she takes the badge from me and starts walking over to professor Agasa and Haibara.

"Goodbye, Ran-neechan!" She says as she waves off.

"See you soon, Ayumi-chan."