A white dove

Conan's P.O.V.-

"Conan-kun?" A small girl in my class I've come to respect named Ayumi called out to me.

"Yes?" I asked, I keep on dozing off.

"I'm curious, will you leave us when your mom comes back?" She said with the most heartbroken look.

I glance at Ai for a bit then look back with a kinda shocked look.

'That was unexpected...'

"Why do you ask?" I ask.

"Well...I was thinking and you keep on looking frustrated nowadays, it started happening after that heist not too long ago..." she says looking down.

'....kid....'

"Well-"

"Conan has to leave at some point and maybe not too long too, have fun while you can." Haibara says interrupting me.

'Wait.'

"Hai-"

"Lets go, detective boys!" Yells a happy Mitsuhiko with a irritated looking Genta.

'I have to talk to Haibara later....'
____________

After school I went to doctor Agasa's house to see if what Haibara said was true.

"Haibara!" I yell as I enter the house.

"So loud....what brings you here, Kudo," Haibara answers with a blank look like always.

"Did...did you...find a cure?" I ask, trying to hide my hope.

I'm not sure if I'm hallucinating but I think I saw a sad look in Haibara's eyes.

"Yes." She says with a small smile.

I don't know what took over me, I was so happy that I didn't notice I was hugging Ai.

'I can finally chase Kid properly!!'

"Kudo! Let go! I can't breath!" I let go embarrassed, being Conan must have affected me.

"So whe-"

"But kudo, THEY are still out there, will you take the chance?" She asked with a serious tone.

____________

When I got back to Ran's, I just went to my room to think.

"What do I do?"

"Cuu~"

I look up to see a beautiful white dove by the window.

'Kid.'