The Blonde Devil

It kills me to see them together.

It kills me to see the person I love with someone else.

The worst part was that he doesnt do anything to stop her

It was then that I vowed that the girl that brings me such pain would not leave the arena alive.

I would make sure that Glimmer dies a horrible death.

I want to live, but not without him. Not without Cato.

I watch Cato slicing at a dummy as Glimmer stares on in awe.

My grip tightens on the knife in my hand. I feel the anger rise up on me and I want to scream. I rip around and throw the knife at the target. I know without even having to look that it had hit the heart. I wish that the target was Glimmer.

Cato turns at the loud sound of the knife slamming into the target. He gives me a slight smirk and then goes back to showing off. He doesn't even have the look in his eyes that he usually does when he looks at me. He looked at me without love. What are these Games doing to him?

I watch as Glimmer walks over to the archery station and turns back to look at Cato to see if he was watching. When she discoveres that he isn't, she huffs irritably.

I watch as she "shoots" an arrow and how she misses by a mile.

Glimmer throws the bow and arrow down and walks back to Cato. I watch as she touches his arm. I watch as she giggles flirtatiously. Oh, how that hurts.

Cato looks down at her hand on his arm and smirks. He says something and she giggles that awful giggle.

Then she did something that breaks my heart, she leans up and kisses him.

I had had enough and I throw my knives down with a clatter and flee from the room. I fly down the hallway towards the elevator. I press the button for my floor, as my vision clouds over with tears.

The elevator dings as it opens to reveal floor 2, 2 for my district. My mentor, Enobaria turns around at the noise and freezes at the sight of the mighty Clove, reduced to heartbroken sobs. She rushes toward me and pulls me into a hug and asks what happened. Enobaria, the feared victor from Distract 2, is almost in tears at the sight of her daughter, her baby girl, bawling.

Yes, Enobaria is my mother.

I hear the sound of heavy footsteps flying towards us, footsteps that I recongnize. I look up and see my father barreling towards us. His face is concerned and angry at the sight of me in tears.

"Who did this, Clo?" My father, Brutus, another famous District 2 victor, asks murderously. "Was it Cato?" My Mom shoots him "the look" that says to calm down.

"G-Gl-Glimmer," I sob out. I love Cato with all of my heart and wish that he'd love me back the same way.

"District 1's female," My mother says in clarification at the confused look on my father's face.

"What did she do, Clovey?" My father asks, softly this time. Most people don't believe that Victors like my parents can love like this.

I look down, not wanting to bring the pain back. They wouldn't understand why it hurts so much. Cato's not just my boyfriend. He's also something else.

"She kissed Cato, and he didn't push her away. He's been flirting with her all day," I decide on telling them.

My dad starts towards the elevator and my mom places a hand on his chest to stop him from going any farther. I then hear the elevator bell ding and rush off before I can see who it reveals. I run down the hallway and I can hear my Dad yelling. Cato.

I finally make it to my room and slam the door and lock it. I slide down the door and pull my knees to my chest. I feel the tears come once again.

I fall asleep against the door, having worn myself out be crying. I wake up to a light knock on my door. Please don't be Cato.

"Baby," a voice calls softly through the door. I recognize the voice as my mother's. "Can I come in?"

I drag myself up from my position against the door and turn the lock and open the door. I see the look on my mom's face, pain. Pain of seeing her daughter in pain. I feel my lip start to tremble and tear fall down my cheeks once again. Mom rushes forward and pulls me into her arms. I close my eyes tight, trying to keep it together. I open my eyes at footsteps in the hallway. I look over my mom's shoulder and see the face of the person I both love and hate.

My mom turns around at the footsteps as well and bares her sharp, fang like teeth at Cato. To my surprise, Cato doesn't flinch. He stares at me sadly and takes a step forward. Then, my dad appears. He gives my mom "the look" that she previously gave him.

"Enobaria" My Dad warns. He comes over to us and whispers something in her ear. Mom reluctantly nods and gives me one last hug and whispers, "Yell if there's trouble," in my ear. I look at her confusedly and it all becomes clear when she steps from the room. Dad leads her away as she throws a look over her shoulder back at me. Cato takes a step forward and I take one back. He keeps taking steps until he's inside my room. The closer he comes, the more evident the sadness on his face becomes.

"Clo, baby," he whispers. My lip starts to tremble and I turn away from him. I can see him walking closer from the corner of my eye and he hugs me. I stand there, still. He turns me so that I am facing him. "Oh, baby," he says quietly as he rests his chin on top of my head. Us in this position makes my cry more. He always does this when I'm upset. But this time, he's the cause for my upset. I bury my face in his muscular chest and wrap my arms around him. I normally wouldn't do anything like this when he does something to make me upset, but then again, I'm not in a normal state.

"I'm sorry, Clovey" he says.

This breaks me out of my stuppor and I take a step back. He stands there looking so sad it breaks my heart.

"How could you do that to me?" I ask, sounding angry despite my sadnesss.

"She kissed me. I pulled away, I promise,"

"Why, though? Why are you letting her flirt with you? Why have you been looking at me like you don't love me?" I ask him as I bring my arms in close to me and wrap them around myself.

"Clove, I-" He starts, but never gets to finish, as an all too familiar giggle is heard from down the hallway.

"Did you invite her?!" I yell. "After everything we've been through?!" At this point I'm sobbing. I hear footsteps thundering towards us. "What about our b-" I stop, realizing what I almost said. I see my parents in the doorway, murder on their faces. They must have seen Glimmer too.

"Just go!" I yell at him through my tears.

"I think that's a wise idea," my mom growls, showing her sharp teeth.

Cato hesitates and looks at me with so much love, it almost brings me to my knees. How can he love me and cheat on me with that blond airhead?

He turns and walks away, he walks past my parents and down the hallway. As he is nearing his room, I fall to my knees and my parents rush forward and kneel down in front of me and hug me. Over their shoulders, I see Cato stop and turn around. I can see the pain on his face at seeing me in this state and he turns and punches the wall. He makes a dent in it, and even though it must have hurt, he doesn't show it. I hear that blonde slut call his name flirtatiously and his face turns to anger and he turns and walks down the hallway. Was he angry at me, or blondie?