Reuniting

I wake up in the bed alone. "Cato?" I call. No answer. I then hear the shower running and assume that's where he went. I throw on new clothes and stumble out of the room.

"Hey, Clover," Finnick greets me. "We'll be in 2 in about half an hour."

"Great!" I say with a fake cheerful tone.

"What wrong?" He asks cautiously.

"Nothing," I say, hoping he drops it.

Unluckily, he keeps asking. "Uh huh, sure. What's wrong, Clover?"

"I don't miss our lives from before the games," I relent with a shrug.

"What does that mean?" Finnick wonders.

"Girls throwing themselves at Cato and trying to split us up. Our entire district will see me as weak. Cato will still be seen as strong and dangerous while I'll be the slut that got pregnant," I admit sadly.

"Oh, Clover, I'm sorry," Finnick says, unsure of what to say.

"I'm scared he'll leave me. Once he gets back and all those beautiful girls start throwing themselves at him, what if he decides I'm not good enough? He wouldn't be the first to leave their pregnant girlfriend," I sob out.

"Clo, I would never do that. I love you and only you," Cato's voice says from behind me. I whip around tears still on my face.

"I know, it still scares me though. I can't do this alone," I tell him.

"And I'd never let you," he says while coming closer. He comes closer and leans his forehead against mine.

I move away and say, "your hair is wet."

"Oh is it?" He asks with a grin.

"No, no, no!" I screech. "Don't even think about it!" It's too little, too late. He shakes his head back and forth harshly and water droplets hit my skin. "Cato!" I yell while he and Finnick just laugh.

He hugs me lightly and gives me a guilty smile. "Sorry, baby," he apologizes. I nod and smile slightly.

I look behind me at Finnick and see that he is looking at us with a smile that is a cross between sad and guilty. I give him a curious look before everyone bursts through the door.

"Everyone is at the train station! James is there waiting and so are your parents, Cato," my mom informs us happily.

"Why didn't James come to the Capitol?" I ask curiously.

"He said he couldn't do it. He said he couldn't be there and feel like he could do something about it but be unable to. He did call every ten minutes though," Dad says.

"Any info on the new girlfriend he's in love with?" I question.

"All I know is that she's a Victor," Mom answers. I give a contemplating nod and turn back to Cato.

I stand on my tiptoes so that I can whisper into Cato's ear. "Promise me? Promise me that you'll never leave?"

"Promise," he whispers in my ear and presses a kiss to my cheek. I give him a smile and go to sit for breakfast. Everyone else files in after me and start eating breakfast. We joke and laugh as we eat breakfast, happy as could be.

The train comes to an abrupt stop and we all have to catch ourselves from falling. We walk to the window as we hear loud cheers. Cato takes me hand and walks to the door. He kisses me and whispers our saying, "Together or not at all." I nod and turn to he door with him. He hits the button and the cheers intensify. We walk out onto the platform and James comes running up to me.