Back to Where it Began

The day after our wedding, we got a call, from President Snow. Cato wanted so badly to smash the phone through the wall, but managed to restrain himself. He ordered Cato and I to become trainers at the training center, the place we both still have nightmares about, because that's where all of this started.

-

A month later, we're laying in bed, dragging out getting ready for our first day. I'm laying against Cato's bare chest, my hand laid over his heart. Hunter is laying in his crib in our room. After that call from Snow, Cato and I decided we needed to be able to have an eye on him at all times.

"We have to go, baby. We're going to be late," Cato sighs, sitting up on the bed, sliding his arms out from around me.

"Do we have to?" I groan, tugging on my husband's arm to get him to lay back down.

"Yeah, baby," Cato says, leaning down to kiss me. I tangle my fingers in is hair, trying to get him to give up on going. He gently pulls away, shaking his head. "Not with Hunt in the room," he chides, a little grin coming over his face.

"Fine," I pout, getting out of bed and walking over to the crib. I pick up my seven months old son as he reaches his hands up towards me. "Hello, my beautiful baby boy," I say, kissing his forehead as I bounce around, making him giggle happily.

"I'll make breakfast and get Hunter's stuff ready to go over to your parents' house," Cato offers, climbing out of bed in only a pair of pajama pants.

"Okay, I'm gonna feed this little guy," I say, sitting down on the bed and pulling my shirt off enough to feed my son.

"You're beautiful, especially when you do that," Cato smiles, walking over to kiss my forehead. He waves at Hunt with that dazzling smile on his face before walking out of the room.

I adjust Hunter in my arms as I hold him up to my chest. He latches on quickly, reaching up to hold my hand as he does. I laugh lightly and play with his hands with my free one the whole time that I feed him.

I pull my shirt back on when he's finished and burp him gently, rocking back and forth as I do. Then I go downstairs to check on how Cato's doing.

Hunter's packed bag is sitting on the counter, full of his toys, blanket, baby food, bottles, diapers, wipes, and an extra onesie. Cato is at the stove making sausage and eggs. Since I've had Hunter, eggs are my favorite again, and I'm no longer repulsed by the smell of them.

"Hi, cuties," Cato grins as he shuts the stove off and starts plating out the food. He sets them on the counter before coming over to take our son from me. He's Cato's lookalike with his fluffy blond hair, bright blue eyes, and gorgeous smile. To be honest, the only reason I know he's mine, is because I birthed him.

"Hi, you're on daddy duty for a minute," I say, walking over to the counter and eating my breakfast quickly.

"I love daddy duty," Cato assures our son who's looking at him curiously. "I'm going to go change him, I'll be right back." Cato turns and walks up the stairs, his voice echoing back to me as he talks to Hunter. I giggle at his antics before finishing my breakfast. I walk up the stairs after my family, heading into my room to change.

I grab a pair of short spandex shorts, underwear, a sports bra, and a sweatshirt. I change quickly leaving the sweatshirt off as I put my socks and shoes on. Ive lost all the baby weight by now, since Cato and I have been unable to drop the training habits yet. He still goes for long runs and lifts weights every day.

I walk around the house, packing up my old training bag with a fresh set of clothes, a few water bottles, protein bars, a breast pump, and my knife set. I pack Cato's too, filling it with similar things. I throw a second shirt in his bag because usually he'll take them off and then forget it somewhere.