Don't be jealous

The second we arrive, Glimmer walks up to Cato and starts talking to him, twirling her hair around her finger flirtatiously.

"So, why is Clove back in the alliance? She's a good for nothing knocked up slut that no one could ever care about," I hear Glimmer say. I turn to retort but Cato beats me to it.

He slams Glimmer against the Cornucopia before yelling, "She's not a slut! She's my girlfriend and I am the father of that baby! One more word about her, and I'll shove a sword in your back! Got it?!"

I walk over to him and pry him off Glimmer. "Hey, baby," I coo, putting my hand on his heavily muscled chest. He relaxes but still glares at Glimmer. I turn around to the rest of the group, and see them looking at us in shock.

"You're the father?" Marvel asks in shock, looking between me and my boyfriend.

"Yeah, you got a problem with that?" I ask him, beating Cato to it. Cato looks like he'd like to beat his face in right about now.

"No... I just thought Cato said Finnick Odair was the father," he replies, not realizing how dangerous what he's saying is.

"Can I kill him, please?" Cato asks me, his hand itching for a knife attached to his thigh.

"No, not now. Calm down, Cato. You're too tense," I whisper, massaging his bicep gently to get him to settle down.

"Maybe you could help me with that," he whispers in my ear seductively before nipping at my neck gently. I blush furiously before gently smacking his chest. I glare at him while he just grins back at me.

"Congratulations, guys," Peeta says happily. I knew I liked him.

"Thanks," I reply before I'm dragged over to the mountain of supplies by Cato.

"You have to eat something. The baby needs food," he says, rooting through the supplies. My stomach turns at the thought of food. I manage to control it but tell Cato that I'll only eat if it's something simple like crackers.

He comes back with some crackers and fruit strips. He hands them to me and looks at me expectantly. I relent and open up the crackers and eat a few. He nods happily, satisfied.

"Let's do some hunting!" Cato calls to the group before pulling me up. Everyone arms themselves before heading out. Cato leads and makes sure I walk in the middle of the pack. Marvel comes up next to me and starts making basic conversation. I see Cato's hands curl into fists and I excuse myself before walking ahead to him. I pry his hand open and slide my hand into it.

"No need to be jealous, Darling," I say, teasingly, leaning up to kiss his jaw lightly.

"I'm a very jealous person, you know that. But if he touches you in any way, I'll make good on my promise," he says threateningly, his eyes burning into mine.

"I'll kill him myself before you even pick up your sword," I say back with my usual smirk that I know he loves.

"This is one of the many reasons I love you," he whispers, pressing a gentle kiss to my cheek. He's loving even in this horrible, terrifying place.

"Good. No one else could keep up with you," I joke, smacking his chest gently.

"That's very true, Clo," he agrees before walking to the other side of me. He slings his left arm around my shoulder, so his right is free to attack and protect me if necessary. We catch sight of smoke off in the distance and run towards it quickly.

We spot a girl asleep by a fire and Cato pulls out his sword to kill her. I turn away, feeling like a monster. Cato notices and lowers his sword. He gestures to the group to kill her. Glimmer walks forward and stabs a knife into her stomach. She screams and I flinch noticeably, wanting nothing more than to be done with this.