Making up

My mom leads me to my stylist so that she can prepare me for the tribute parade tonight. I walk in and am asked to take my clothes off. I'm slightly worried about this as I have a small bump. My prep team squeals as they see it and asks if Cato is the father. I give them a nod and ask them to not talk about it.

They lead me over to the shower and turn it on. I am confused at all of the buttons. I decide to just press some random buttons. I end up smelling like vanilla.

They hand me a towel and robe to put on before leading me to a table and have me lie down on it. One paints my nails and the other two start waxing my legs. My stylist then comes in and introduces herself as Emerelda. She pulls out heeled golden gladiator sandals, a Roman warrior looking dress, and a golden helmet with red feathers coming out the top. My prep team finishes up and leaves. Emerelda starts doing my makeup and curls my hair. She helps me into the costume, looking at me in pity when she sees my baby bump. I finally am allowed to look in the mirror and I gasp at seeing how beautiful and dangerous I look. Emerelda straps a sword to my back and puts a cape over it so just the handle is visible.

I thank her and she leads me down to the waiting area for the parade. The only other person there is Cato. He looks up when he sees me and gasps.

"You're so beautiful, Clo," he says in amazement, picking up his jaw from the floor.

"How can you call me beautiful after you just slept with Glimmer?" I ask, trying to hide how hurt I am.

He blanches and screams, "What?!" He genuinely looks shocked at my accusation. He always was a good liar.

"I saw you two getting into the elevator and I saw her kiss you and then you didn't come back to our floor for hours. When you finally did come back, your hair was all messed up," I reply, not even trying to disguise my hurt anymore.

"She said her mentors, Cashmere and Gloss wanted to speak with us about a strategy and I agreed to go with her. When we got into the elevator, she kissed me but I immediately pushed her away, telling her I loved someone else. You," he explains sadly.

"What was the strategy?" I ask, trying to make sure he's telling the truth, and if not, catch him in his lie.

"They want us to act in love to get sponsors. I want to agree," Cato admits quietly, looking scared for my reaction.

"What?! Got to hell, Cato!" I scream, stomping away from him in anger, positively seething.

"Baby, please hear me out." When he gets a nod from me he continues. "Both of us aren't going home. You need to be the one to go home. I meant every word I said this morning, I volunteered so I could make sure you win. We need all the sponsors we can get. I know this sounds horrible, but I'm willing to have our relationship fall apart if it means you get to go home. I'm willing to have you hate me."

"Cato, I can't hate you. I love you way too much. If this is what you feel you need to do, I know I can't stop you. Just promise me that you will always love me and only me," I plead, walking back towards him and placing my hands on his chest.

"Clove Sevina, I promise that I love you and only you," he says firmly. The second he finishes speaking, I smash my lips against his, he picks me up and spins me around. I hear the door open but Cato doesn't set me down or pull away.

"Cato," I murmur against his lips and he finally pulls away and sets me down. I look behind me and see the person that came in is Katniss. She gives me a wink and a teasing smile before turning away. I pull Cato into a chair next to me and I finally notice what he is wearing. He is wearing gold sandals similar to mine, but without the heel and more masculine. He is also wearing a warrior skirt like thing with a helmet that matches mine on the table next to him.

My favorite part of the outfit is it's lack of shirt. I stare at Cato's muscular chest before he snickers and whispers, "My eyes are up here." I blush and smack his chest. "You can't keep your hands off of me," he teases, leaning back in his chair.

"Cato!" I whisper scream and tell him to shut up because more tributes start filing into the room. They tell us it's time to go and Cato and I walk out the door first, putting on our game faces.

We are led over to a chariot and he steps in before giving me a hand. I give him a smile biting my lip. He smiles back while glancing at my lips. "No, Cato," I whisper teasingly, gently pushing him back.

"Then stop biting your lip," he murmurs back, staring at my mouth lustfully.

I jerk backwards as the chariot begins to move. Cato barely manages to catch me and he keeps one of his arms wrapped around my waist as he waves with the other. I wave too and sneakily wraps my free arm around his waist as well. I look back and see Katniss's suit on fire. I smile, happy that the crowds like her. Cato doesn't seem as happy though. The ceremony finishes up and our chariots return to the tunnel.

"Clover," I hear someone call as I get off the chariot. I turn to see Finnick Odair walking towards me.

"Finny," I squeal as he lifts me up. He sets me down and I take a step back, looking into Cato's furious eyes. I lay a hand on his chest and he immediately relaxes under my touch. He wraps his arm around my waist possessively.

Finnick extends a hand to Cato which he shakes and they introduce themselves. "So you're the one that stole Clove's heart," Finnick says teasingly, looking at me with a grin.

My parents walk over and greet Finnick as they are all old friends. Cato glances behind us and glares at someone. Marvel.

"Well, Finnick, I will see you later. Better get Cato upstairs before he kills District 1," I say, already leading Cato towards the elevator. Before the doors are even closed, Cato pushes me against the wall, claiming my lips. The elevator bell dings and Cato picks me up and carries me out.

"Bedroom," I manage to say before Cato rejoins our lips. He carries me to his room before shutting the door and locking it. I make sure to not turn on the light so it's dark enough that Cato won't notice my baby bump. He sets me on the bed before climbing on top of me. Neither of us is getting any sleep tonight.