Telling Finnick

I hear Saphira yelling to get up through the door. I groan and shake Cato awake. He also groans and pulls me closer to him.

"You're going to miss breakfast, Darling," I say, knowing that will get him up. Sure enough, he jumps out of bed, almost knocking me out in the process. He starts towards the door before I stop him. "Babe, you might want to put on some clothes first."

He stops and walks over to the wardrobe and throws random clothes on. I notice clothes at the bottom of the bed that weren't there before. They look like they would fit me so I throw them on and follow after Cato.

The table is laid out with every type of breakfast food imaginable. I sit down next to Cato, in front of a platter of eggs. The smell of the eggs makes my stomach turn and I'm running to the bathroom once more. Someone holds my hair back and rubs my back. I get up and see that it's my mom. I brush my teeth and splash some water on my face before turning back to my mom.

She then says some of the worst words she could possibly say, "We need to talk."

I gulp and walk out of the bathroom and into what has become my and Cato's bedroom. I realize the sheets are still a mess and hope she doesn't say anything about it. I suggest we go to the sitting room and we walk out of the room. We pass Cato and my dad at the kitchen table. They appear to be talking strategies for the games. I catch Cato's eye as I walk past. He gives me a look of confusion before I shake my head and continue on.

"How far along do you think you are?" My Mom asks, laying a gentle hand on mine.

"About 3 or 4 months," I reply, my voice shaking nervously, worried of my mother's reaction.

"You have to tell him, Clove," She says firmly, giving me that look she always used to make me oblige her.

"I know I do, I just don't know how. He's said that he's willing to die for me and I don't think I can raise this baby without him," I say sadly, my heart falling in my chest.

She doesn't say anything, knowing there's nothing she can say. She just wraps her arms around me leading me towards Cato and my father.

"I can't tell him right now. I need to figure something out," I say and my mom sighs loudly, shaking her head. "I'll be back," I announce before getting into the elevator. Cato looks like he wants to stop me but a look from my mom stops him.

I push the button for the fourth floor. The doors open and I see Pacifica sitting on the couch watching tv. Pacifica is one of our allies.

"Hey, is Finnick around?" I ask hopefully, glancing around for the young victor.

She starts and turns around and gives me a soft smile. "Hey, Clove. He's in his room, it's the second down on the right," She says, pointing me towards a hallway.

I thank her before moving to Finnick's room. I knock on the door and say, "Finnick? It's Clove, can we talk?"

The door open less than a second later and Finnick appears in the doorway. He leads me away from the doorway and towards the elevator, waving to Pacifica on the way. He pushes the button for the roof and the elevator flies up.

The door opens and he leads us to a bench we've sat on every year during the games, I just never thought I'd be a tribute.

"What's wrong, Clo?" He asks, putting a hand on my cheek.

I place my hand over it and say, "I'm pregnant." I'm almost as worried for his reaction as I was mom's. Finnick is as much my big brother as my actual one.

Finnick blanches and asks, "Cato's the father?"

I nod my head and try to hold my tears in. "I can't bring myself to tell him. I've tried so many times and I can't do it. I'm so scared," I admit, fearing I may never be able to tell him.

"Are you sure you should? If you tell him he'll be even more determined to risk his life. He wouldn't even give your Mom the time to work her magic," he say.

"How do you know about that?" I ask incredulously, thinking that she'd kept that to herself.

"Your Mom wanted all the help she could get. She knows I'd do anything for you," he explains, looking me in the eyes to let me know it's true.

"I love you, Finn," I say.

"I love you too, Clovey. You're going to be an amazing mother," he says, placing a hand on my stomach.

"Thank you, Finn. I just hope we live to see it," I say, hugging him tightly.