With happinnes comes tragedy

"What?! It's way too early," he says, freaking out. He gathers me in his arms carefully and picks me up. He quickly walks into the justice building and I'm immediately swamped by Capitol attendants.

I hear Katniss and Peeta hurriedly say something before rushing inside. I start hyperventilating, partly because of all of the people around me, and partly out of worry for my baby boys. Cato notices and yells for people to give me space. He kneels down in front of me and asks if I'm ok to be moved. I nod and clutch at my stomach, trying not to scream.

"Someone get us to the nearest hospital! Now!" Cato yells while trying to keep me calm, which isn't really working. Finnick runs forward with car keys in his hands. Cato nods and carefully picks me up. He kisses my forehead softly before following Finnick to an expensive car. Cato sits me in the back and slides in next to me. He whispers soothing words that fall upon deaf ears. We quickly arrive and Cato carries me out.

The hospital staff that were bustling about before freeze and stare at two of the newest Victors. We are quickly rushed to the fanciest room in the building and I'm told to move my legs before a nurse pulls down my underwear. Another nurse checks how dilated I am and nods before running out of the room.

"It's going to be ok, babe," Cato tried to assure me as I bite my lip to keep from screaming. A doctor rushes into the room and starts talking. Cato is nodding along and looking at me worriedly. I stare painfully back at him before another contraction hits and I'm grabbing Cato's hand and letting out a scream.

"There has to be something you can do! Something's wrong!" Cato roars at the sacred looking doctor. I mean, who wouldn't be? You're standing in a room with two very dangerous Victors and one's in horrible pain and the other is raging and scared.

"It is too early, but there's nothing we can do to stop the labor. I don't want to have to do a C-section just yet. The best thing you can do right now is try to keep her calm. If she's open to it, she can sit in the bath. That should lessen the pain and help labor progress a little faster," the doctor suggests and I nod. Cato helps me out of the bed and leads me over to the ginormous bathroom. He turns the water on and it starts filling quickly.

Cato unzips my dress and it falls to the floor, leaving me in only a bra. The tub has already filled completely, thanks to the Capitol technology. Cato helps me up the stairs and I sit down in the bath carefully. Another contraction hits and I ask Cato to come sit with me. He nods without question and strips down to his boxers before climbing in behind me. He sits with his legs on either side of me and his arms wrapped around me gently.

"Cato, I'm scared," I mumble as the contraction passes.

"I know. I'm scared too, but you're so strong. You can do this, Clo," he says encouragingly and kisses my forehead.

"What if I can't?" I ask fearfully.

"Don't even ask that, Clovey. You and our boys are going to be perfectly fine and healthy," he assures me and turns my head to face him. He kisses my lips gently and I pull away as I feel another contraction.

"This isn't working, Cato. We need to try something else," I say and he helps me out of the bath. He throws his jeans back on and helps me into a hospital gown. He picks me up and walks me back over to the bed. Cato's just set me down when the worst contraction yet hits. I throw my head back and let out a bloodcurdling scream. My parents, Finnick, Liliana, Katniss, and Peeta run into the room, looking terrified. Tears are streaming down my face and I'm pretty sure I'm breaking Cato's hand.

I'm sure he doesn't even feel it, as he's felt much worse pain. The doctor runs back into the room and checks how far dilated I am again. "These babies are coming now. It's too late for a C-section or an epidural. Can you do this without, Clove?" She asks.