Getting Back To Normal

"Brutus, no," I hear a voice quietly scold quietly.

"But—"

"No!" The same voice hisses.

"I don't want Clove near him, she's still our little girl," The man protests.

"Yeah, our little girl with twins in her womb," the hissing voice says. "She's already pregnant. And you already gave him your approval."

"Don't remind me. I don't need to think of my baby girl doing that!" The man hisses, picking up on the woman's. I snuggle closer into Cato's arms and sigh. The voices stop when I move but resume when I stop. "Enobaria?"

"What?!" The woman screeches quietly.

"Can I please throw him against the wall? He did get our daughter pregnant," The man reminds her.

"What's going on?" I croak out. "Who's getting thrown into a wall?" My eyes slowly open to meet my parents standing at the foot of the bed. I don't move too much considering I still have my arms wrapped around Cato and I don't want to wake him.

"No one, sweetheart," My Mom assures me, throwing a daring look at my dad.

"Yeah, no one..." he says, looking slightly fearful of my mother.

"Uh huh, so you're not planning to throw my fiancé into a wall?" I ask, sending him a challenging look.

"Why would you think that?" Dad asks incredulously, placing an innocent look on his face.

"I'm not getting anything out of him, am I?" I ask my mom with a sigh. She shakes her head no. Cato grumbles and pulls me closer, unwilling to wake up, despite the noise.

"Brutus, let's go," My Mom encourages, trying to drag my dad from the room.

"I don't want to leave them alone," he whispers back, attempting to be quiet, and failing horribly.

"One, I can hear you and two, he already got me pregnant, and three, I'm marrying him," I say, managing to sit up.

"Don't remind me," My Dad grumbles, again, trying and failing at being quiet.

"Really? Can't you just be happy for me?" I sigh, really wishing he could be.

"I am happy for you, I'm just not happy that you're leaving," Dad admits, shrugging a little.

"I'm not leaving, I'm just starting a new chapter of my life," I assure them, rubbing Cato's bare back gently.

"Ugh," Cato groans, rolling over, my soothing having done nothing to keep him asleep.

"Cato?" My Mom asks, wondering if my fiancé is awake or not.

"Yeah, he's not awake. It takes a lot more to wake him up," I say, giggling at Cato laying a couple feet away from me now.

"How do you know that exactly?" My Dad asks dangerously.

"I've been waking him up for years, it's not easy," I say simply, shrugging a little, and lay a hand on his bicep his head is now laying on.

"For years?" My Dad asks slowly, having not known about my and Cato's little night escapades.

"Yup," I respond. "Before the games, I don't think I'd slept alone in over a year."

"How did I not know about this?" My Dad asks, turning to my mom in anger.

"Because I covered for them," my mom speaks up, giving my dad a terrifying glare, daring him to challenge her.

"What?! Why?" My Dad then screeches, ignoring her glare.

"Because Clove was never able to sleep without him. The first time he spent the night was the first time she'd slept in a long time," My Mom says harshly.

They both look towards a sleeping Cato. I look down at him too and if sensing us staring at him, he rolls over again. He rolls too far and falls off the bed. He lands with a loud thump on the floor and another groan.

"Cato? Are you ok?" I ask worriedly, leaning over as a giggle escapes my lips.

"Fine," he croaks, still laying there and looking like he's about to fall back asleep.

"Are you going to stay there?" I ask in amusement, trying hard not to laugh.

"I haven't decided," he responds. He waits a second before jumping up and climbing back onto the bed. He pulls me down from my sitting position so I'm laying next to him.

"Um, Cato-" I start before he gently presses his lips to mine. All thoughts of my parents leave my mind as I kiss him back.

"Clove? Cato?" My Dad says, trying hard to stay calm.

Cato leaps away and stares at them in shock. "What are you guys doing here?" He asks quickly before clearing his throat.

"They've been here a little while, Darling. My dad here, was suggesting throwing you into a wall," I say, gesturing to my dad standing there with his arms crossed.

"Fun..." he says sarcastically. "Let's go get breakfast, I know you're hungry," he suggests, standing up.

"Cato, pants?" I remind him, looking at his boxer-clad legs.

"Huh?" He asks looking down. "Oh."

"You need some too, baby," he grins, looking at my legs covered by the sheets.

"Maybe," I say, trailing off. I lean over so I can whisper in his ear. "I thought you liked this look."

"Ok, we're leaving, see you soon," my mom announces, quickly leaving the room with my dad hurriedly in tow.

"Now that's how you get them to leave," I giggle. Cato just nods and crashes his lips against mine. I squeak in surprise before kissing him back, shifting us so that I'm on top. Cato runs his hands over our babies and I run my hands over his bare abs. He groans against my lips and carefully flips us over so he's on top. He racks the T-shirt up my body so my entire stomach is exposed. He kisses me once more before moving down to kiss my stomach. The babies immediately kick and I giggle loudly an happily. I pull him back up and kiss him again.

I giggle and stand up. "Help me get dressed," I order.

Cato immediately jumps up and walks over to our wardrobe. He picks out leggings and a familiar jersey that says "Hadley" on the back. He finds a bra and underwear and throws them to me too.

"Hadley, eh?" I ask, holding the shirt up to my body.

"You'll be one soon enough," he says cheekily, walking towards me and rubbing circles on my stomach.

"You're just marking me as your's," I say grinning, knowing exactly what he's doing with this.

"Maybe I am," he says flirtatiously. I change into the clothes as he throws on jeans and a white T-shirt. We walk to the bathroom and brush our teeth and hair. I stand there as Cato combs his hair, gels it, spikes it up, and combs it again. I look at him in amusement and he just says, "What?"

"You're so funny. You just spent ten minutes doing your hair," I say. "Now, I'm going to get breakfast," I announce, moving to leave him behind.

At the word breakfast, Cato stops playing with his hair and leads me out of the bathroom. "My feet are swollen," I admit, absentmindedly.

Cato immediately swoops me up into his arms and grins at me. I laugh and swing my arms around his neck. He jokes at me, making me giggle. He walks into the dining room with me still giggling. He sets me down in a chair before sitting down in one beside me. He grabs bacon, sausage, fruit, and hash browns and put some on my plate before taking some himself. He remembers to move the eggs away from me before I get sick from the smell.

We eat in silence and when we're done, Cato leads me to the couch and he sits down. I move so I'm laying with my head in his lap. Cato threads his fingers into my dark hair and I sigh. Cato playing with my hair slowly lulls me to sleep.