Fighting With The Prep Teams

"Rise and shine! It's your big day!" A voice squeals in my ear. I pull a pillow over my and Cato's ears and try to go back to sleep.

"Uh, uh, uh, none of that. You have to get ready!" The only person that squeals that much is Saphira. She must be here for the Victory tour.

"Shut up, Saphira!" Cato groans out and holds the pillow tighter against our ears.

I hear her huff and walk out of the room. I sigh happily and Cato gives a chuckle before tightening his arms around me. I turn around so I'm facing him and bury my face in his bare chest. I throw my leg over his waist and fall back asleep.

"Get up!" A new voice screams waking me up again.

"No!" I yell. Cato's breathing is still steady so I assume he is still asleep.

"Just remember, you brought this on yourself," the voice says before cold water splashes all over us. Cato jumps awake and looks around the room disoriented.

"What the hell, Johanna?!" Cato roars when he notices where the water came from.

"You weren't getting up, so I decided to make you," She says with a shrug like it's nothing.

"Go to hell," I tell her angrily.

"You had to get up! Your prep teams have to get you ready!" She exclaims as if it's obvious.

"I'm exhausted, Johanna! The twins were kicking and moving all night. I haven't slept well in days! Can't you just leave us be?!" I scream at her. Cato glares at her and wraps his arms tightly around me. He motions for her to go and she stomps out of the room. Cato hugs me to his chest as the tears start to fall. He slowly rocks me in the same way James did.

"It's okay, baby. Everything's alright," he whispers soothingly as he rubs my back. His words have no effect on me and I just keep crying.

"I can't stop crying, Cato!" I eventually sob out.

"It's just our boys," he whispers in my ear. I nod against his chest and bring my arms up and wrap them around his back. I can feel his back muscles moving as he rocks me.

"Come on! Now!" A very familiar voice that belongs to James yells distantly. Cato doesn't answer and I hear multiple pairs of footsteps coming towards our room.

"You're going to be late!" Someone says from what sounds like just outside our room. I don't care who's talking any more, I just want them gone.

"Get. Out!" Cato growls as he hugs me tighter to his chest. I cry more and hug him back tighter. By now I'm full out sobbing. I can just imagine what we look like. An angry, shirtless Cato hugging me as I sob into his chest. Not to mention, I'm just wearing a bra and shorts.  I hear the multiple pairs of footsteps recede cautiously.

"I'm a mess," I sob out.

"No, baby, you're not," he assures me. "Your hormones are just out of whack. It's not you."

He just keeps me there in his arms until the tears have stopped. He kisses me forehead and then my cheeks and finally my lips. "I'm sorry," I apologize quietly.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, Beautiful," he tells me sternly looking into my emerald eyes with his icy blue ones.

I give a nod and climb out of bed. I walk over to the bathroom and hear Cato come up behind me. He lays his hands on my bare stomach. I've given up wearing shirts to bed so I've just been sleeping in a bra and shorts. It wouldn't be a problem if people would stop barging into our room and yelling at us.

"They're getting big," he says in amazement. I'm now in the middle of my sixth month and am ready for the babies to come out. My back is starting to hurt a lot and my feet have started swelling. Cato has basically been carrying me everywhere and I never asked him once.