Getting Married

I wake up to Hunter crying and someone whispering. I open my eyes to see Cato holding Hunter and whispering to him, trying to get him to stop crying. I stand up and walk over to them, grabbing a stuffed animal on my way. I hold the small teddy bear in front of Hunter's face and he instantly stops crying. He reaches his arms out for it and I give it to him.

Cato turns his gaze from our son to me and gives me his usual dazzling smile. "Hey, baby," he greets.

"Hi." I smile back at him and kiss him. Hunter starts babbling causing us to pull away. He keeps making sounds that neither Cato or I can interpret. He sees us staring at him and breaks into laughter. His eyes are sparkling happily as he laughs at something.

"You truly are the cutest thing," I coo at my son. He laughs again and starts touching my hair.

"I love you so much, Clo. Thank you for giving me the most wonderful kid we could ever ask for." Cato kisses my forehead and pulls me into a hug while being careful of Hunter in between us.

Hunter starts clapping between us so we pull away. He sticks his tongue out and stares up at me. "You're a funny little baby, aren't you?" I laugh and take Hunter from Cato's arms.

"I love you too, Cato," I smile and kiss him again. Hunter starts to squirm in my arms so I bounce up and down a few times before walking down the stairs with Cato trailing behind us.

"Got it!" Liliana squeal running towards us as we step off of the stairs. Hunter looks at her curiously before giggling and moving his hands towards her. Liliana gently takes her nephew from my arms and bounces him on her hip. "You are a gorgeous little baby," she coos making him smile and clap again.

"Got what?" Cato asks curiously looking happily at his sister holding Hunter lovingly.

"Oh right, sorry, I got distracted. Snow agreed to let you plan your own wedding as long as he gets to televise it. He's also requesting that Peeta and Katniss be there as well," Liliana explains and makes faces at Hunter.

"What?" I ask in shock. I never expected Snow to give into my and Cato's wishes.

"Yes!" Cato exclaims and pumps his fist in the air before locking his lips with mine. I lace my arms around his neck and pull him closer. Cato dips me down a little, tightly holding my waist to keep me from falling. My eyes fly open when I realize Liliana is still next to us holding our son. I hit Cato's back and his eyes also open before pulling me up and separating our lips. Liliana is still standing there looking at us with great amusement.

She grins and walks into the kitchen talking to Hunter. "That happened..." I laugh and kiss Cato again. I can feel him smirk against my lips before deepening the kiss. He pulls away eventually and holds me close to him.

"Soon, I can finally call you my wife," he murmurs and runs his hands up and down my sides. I squeal and throw my arms around him. Cato laughs and spins me around in the air.

"And I can call you my husband," I whisper and lean down to kiss him with my arms resting on his shoulders to hold me up.

"God, I love you," he says as he sets me back down on the ground.

"Let's get this wedding planned and get everybody here. I can't wait any longer." Cato nods immediately with a huge smile. We walk into the kitchen hand in hand to find everyone grinning at us, even Hunter.

"What are you grinning at, little one?" I ask teasingly and take my son back into my arms. Cato wraps an arm around us and kisses the side of my head. Hunter starts giggling happily before laying his head on my chest. I adjust my arms to make sure he doesn't fall and lay a hand on the back of his head.

"You're amazing parents," James comments staring at the three of us.

"Thanks. So, when can I expect a niece or nephew?" I joke while gently swaying.

"Very funny, Clove," he says and glares playfully at me.

"So, was all the squealing about what I think it was about?" Mom asks, barely able to contain her excitement.

"Yes! We're actually getting married!" I squeal and hug my son to my chest. Hunter gurgles and lays his arms on my shoulders.

"We don't want to wait any longer. We want to get married as soon as possible," Cato says before kissing our son's head lovingly. Hunter lifts his head up and gives Cato an adorable smile.

"Let's get to work then!" Mom cheers and jumps off of her chair and runs out of the room. We all stare off after her in confusion. She comes back a few moments later and pushes me out the door with her.

We sit down in the study upstairs and start talking about everything. Snow hired a wedding planner for us but I'd like to plan some of it myself. Hunter sits in my lap while occupying himself by playing with my hands. I tickle him gently and he squeals with laughter.

"My beautiful baby boy," I coo at him making him giggle again. Mom stands up from her chair across from me and hugs me tightly. I wrap one arm around her while keeping the other tightly around my son.

"I'm so, so proud of you, Clovey," she whispers and kisses my forehead and then Hunter's. We decide we're done for the night and head downstairs. Cato is joking around with James at the kitchen table. I hear Cato laugh at something before noticing me in the room. I walk towards Cato and he pulls me into his lap with me still holding Hunter.

"Hello, handsome," Cato says softly and takes Hunter's hand in his much bigger one. Hunter makes the same incoherent noises making all of us laugh.

"God, you guys are good with him," James smiles as Hunter tries to climb out of my lap towards him. James happily gets up to take him from me.

"I see how it is, mister. You have no interest in us when there are other people around," I scold teasingly and Cato laughs before kissing the side of my head.

"I'm his uncle, we're bonding," James defends as Hunter throws his hands up and giggles. "See, he agrees."

I shake my head and get off of Cato to go make dinner. He grabs my hand and pulls me back o him. He kisses me tenderly before gently pushing me back into the chair. He makes dinner while smiling every so often at me and Hunter.

We eat dinner and then Cato and I go to put Hunter down to bed. Cato sings a lullaby softly and Hunter's eyes immediately start to close, along with mine. This is a pretty typical scene for us. My eyelids droop and I snuggle more into the chair I'm sitting in. I feel muscular arms pick me up and carry me out of the room. Cato pulls my clothes off and slides one of his shirts over my head. He pulls the covers over me before kissing me and turning the lights off.
I feel the bed dip next to me and then Cato's arms pulling me towards him gently. He wraps his arms protectively around me and I entangle my legs with his and lay my head over his heart.

"I love you so much, baby girl," Cato whispers into my hair. I try to say it back but sleep claims me before I can.