Rendevouz in 12

Enobaria POV

At the end of the movie, both Cato and Clove are fast asleep. Clove is laying propped up against Cato so she is partially on her side. Cato has one arm under Clove's head like a pillow and the other lays across her stomach protectively. Clove's hands are also placed on her stomach in a protective manner. Cato and Clove are both breathing deeply and we decide not to wake them. I kiss my daughter's forehead before walking off towards my bedroom.

I wake up to a horrible nightmare once again. I hated the look on Cato's face when I told him he nightmares would never go away. He looked like he was in physical pain, not for him, but for Clove. He loves my darling girl more than anything and I hope with all my heart that Snow will leave them be. I manage to fall back asleep with thoughts of hope filling my head.

I wake up again and look at the clock which reads 9:12 am. I jump up and realize that we'll be in District 12 in half an hour. Usually, Saphira would have gotten us up, but for some reason she hadn't. One of the few times she actually could have been useful, she's not bugging us. I sigh and throw a pillow at Brutus, effectively waking him up. I jump up and get ready quickly and Brutus scrambles behind me in an attempt to get ready.

I run out of our room and towards Clove and Cato's. I throw open the door already telling them to get up when I notice they're not there. I backtrack to where we were watching the movie last night and smile when I see the two of them still passed out on the couch together. They've shifted slightly and Cato's arms are wrapped tightly around Clove and she's clinging to him. There are dried tear tracks on her face and an uneasy look on Cato's. It's such a contrast to how he usually looks when he's asleep, usually he looks peaceful and young. I wonder what happened last night. I brush it off as James comes stumbling in with Brutus not far behind.

"They slept there all night?" Brutus asks in surprise.

"I guess so. Look at them, though. She looks petrified," I sigh sadly.

"You were like that after your games, Baria, and so was James. All Victors go though that stage," Brutus says in an attempt at comfort. He's hurt just as much as I am that our baby girl is upset.

"I guess, but it's different. I'm worried about her, Brutus," I confess and wrap my arms tightly around him.

"I am too, Baria." Brutus looks down at me with an unusual sad look on his face.

"There's not much any of us can do, it's all up to him," James says with a gesture towards a sleeping Cato. "We have to hope that he'll help her through it."

"He will. Cato loves her and those boys more than anything. If anyone can save her, it's him," I say mustering confidence. I think it's more to assure myself that Clove will be okay, than them.

"Let's let them sleep. It doesn't look like they got much," James suggests and walks over to the breakfast table. Brutus and I follow him, his arm still around me. We eat and silence and eventually the train is screeching to a stop. We hear a noise and look to see Clove shifting on the couch. Cato must feel it as he shifts even closer to her and wraps both arms around her pregnant stomach.

"An avalanche could happen, and that guy would still be asleep, but Clove shifts the smallest bit, and he's awake," James says with a smile and a laugh.

"She got a good one. There's no one else I'd trust her with. No one tell him I said that, though," Brutus says with a glare at the end. I give a laugh and the doors to the train open. We hear cheering from the crowds outside and the mayor introducing Cato and Clove.

We all give looks of panic before I stand up and pull Brutus along with me. We step out of the train and leave James behind at the table. The cheers die down and they look at us in confusion. We walk across the stage and reach the mayor standing next to Katniss and Peeta with Haymitch off to the side of them. They look at us with the same confusion that the crowd has.