Chapter 11: Cause I Keep Runnin' From My Heart ||

11. Cause I Keep Runnin’ From My Heart

[Zayn’s POV]

It was a beautiful sunny day outside and surprisingly quite a few people. Many people were obviously townsfolk doing their daily duties or just out and about. It was nice, and it was entertaining to see Liam so nervous. I honestly didn’t think he could get nervous like that.

I studied him as he pulled on the edges of his shirt and walked slower than usual, making sure to listen acutely to his surroundings. I remembered what he said about unfamiliar places, and then I immediately felt terrible.

“Hey, we can go back if you want,” I suggested as Liam violently shook his head.

“No way. We’re out and about and I’m here with you. We’re going to have a great time!” He said as he smiled widely. I couldn’t help but smile with him. I took a hold of his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

“Okay,” he breathed out. He took a step forward, but immediately stopped right after.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, confused by his sudden brevity of stride.

“Nothing, I just thought it might be smarter for you to lead the way because, well, um, I’m kinda blind.”

“Oh, right,” I said sheepishly. I held his hand as we walked through the cobbled streets and past some people.

“Wait,” Liam said after a few minutes of waling in silence. The only noises were those that were occurring around us.

“What?” I asked as Liam turned his head towards a bakery.

“It smells delicious. Are we near a bakery?”

“Yeah. I’m guessing they just baked some treats or something.”

“What does it look like?”

“The pastry?”

“No, the building,” Liam said dreamily.

“Really?”

“Yes,” he said with a serious face. I guess it wasn’t that weird of a question to ask since he couldn’t really see.

“Well, it’s tanned; the color that is. Wait; do you know what tan even looks like?” I asked him curiously.

“No Zayn.”

“Well, you’re somewhat tanned. Actually, if anybody is tanned, it’s Louis. That kid is so tan-”

“Who’s Louis?” Liam asked, cutting me off abruptly. I felt myself stumped, realizing he never met Louis in this world.