Chapter 19: What Now? ||

19. What Now?

[Liam’s POV]

“Hello?” Wandering around the darkness, I couldn’t tell where I was. The dark abyss was getting a bit annoying and honestly I didn’t have a damned clue what was going on. Last thing I remember was book worm reading something off a piece of paper and then it all went black.

I doubt he knocked me out, he’s a bit too scrawny for that. Maybe he poisoned me, but with what? I just want to get out of here. I didn’t even want to go to the fair. I was hoping Lou would be gone long enough for me to just cuddle up with a book for a while.

If I read in front of certain people, I’m pretty sure they’d tear me a new one if they saw the stuff I liked to read. I mean, I don’t know how bookworm does it. I always see him alone, or with Harry and his boyfriend. He’s just too smart for his own good.

But I’m pretty sure he hates me. He always avoids me no matter. I think today was just a mistake. If I knew he was coming along, I would’ve never bothered showing up. I would be sitting at home, cozy and comfortable.

“Can someone tell me what’s going on?” I called out, hoping for some response. I sat on the floor, timid at first thinking it could swallow me whole, but it turned out to be okay.

“Liam?”

I turned to see a light, not too far off in the distance. It was the brightest thing in this dark abyss and I wanted to be in the light. Pushing myself off of the floor, I stumbled towards the light, rushing to be out of the darkness.

I stopped as soon as I was directly in front of the light, fear overtaking the sudden urge to be gone from this place. I didn’t know what was on the other side, I was just being reckless. But heck, maybe me being reckless is how I ended up here in the first place anyways.

I took a deep breath and stepped into the light, closing my eyes as I did so.

”Oh open your eyes you oaf,” I heard a voice say. I slowly opened my eyes and found myself in a woodland forest. It looked so happy and storybook like. I looked over to see a lady sitting on a tree stump, her legs crossed and her eyes red. It looked as though she had been crying.

“Ma’am are you all right?” I asked, making my way over to her hesitantly.

“No. But you’re going to fix everything. Well, we’re going to fix everything, but I need your help,” she said as she wiped her eyes roughly.

“Hey, don’t do that,” I said as I caught her hand. “It’ll irritate your eyes.”

“Right, because irritated eyes are the biggest problem I have,” she said as she rolled her eyes.

“Sorry.”

“No, it’s alright. I’m sorry. I’m just stressed out and I keep messing things up.” She pushed her hair out of her face as she sighed from discontent. She seemed stressed out, as though she was holding something back.

“Alright,” I said as I sat on the ground.

“What?”

“Let it all out,” I told her as I gestured for her to proceed with the waterworks. I knew she was probably some defenseless lady who had ended up at the wrong place at the wrong time.

“I have nothing to let out.” Her voice was strained, and she looked upset. “You know, how could he even like you? You’re a condescending jerk.”

“I beg your pardon?”

“You- You’re just a douche bag. You think you’re so high and mighty, but you’re not. You can’t even give people the light of day.”