Chapter 20: Just a Dream ||

20. Just a Dream

[Liam’s POV]

I screamed as the portal took me through an experience I didn’t want to ever go through again. It was only for a few moments before I landed on something that felt oddly like a sponge. I groaned as I sat up and looked at my surroundings.

“What the hell?” I mumbled to myself.

As I looked around, I saw what seemed to be a crazed illusion. Everything was in crazy colors, and vibrant. It would’ve been kind of pretty except there was just one problem.

Everything had to be at least a thousand times bigger than me.

I sighed and crawled until I reached the edge of what I realized to be a mushroom. I looked down, only to see that it was a bit far for me to simply jump. I scratched my head, confounded as to what my next move should be. I decided, because I wanted to get down, to shimmy myself down the mushroom’s stalk.

I made my way over to the root of the plant, and after a few moments of shimmying down, I made it to the ground in one piece.

“Liam?”

I turned around to see harry, who’s hair looked a bit disheveled, stumbling towards me.

“Hey mate.”

“What’s going on? Where are we?”

“Um, I’m pretty sure if I told you, you wouldn’t believe me. Let’s just find a safe place to talk, yeah?” Harry nodded, and stuck by my side until we heard a yelp. I was startled, but Harry was full blown scared out of his mind. He jumped off the ground and clung on to my side like some sort of man koala.

“Harry?”

“Hmm?”

“Get off,” I mumbled. He looked abashed, but unhinged himself from me gracefully. We heard another yelp from the same direction.

“Should we go check it out?” Harry asked me. I shrugged and just walked towards the noise. What we saw before us in the clearing made us giggle a bit.

It was none other than Louis, but he was being attack by pieces of toast that could fly.

“Get away from me! This is weird and- OFF OF ME!” He screamed as a piece of bread gently landed on his shoulder. I couldn’t help but laugh as I watched my friend freak out over buttered toast that was flying.

“Liam? Harry?” Louis’ face looked shocked to see us, but his shock quickly faded as he ran over to us, hoping the toast wouldn’t follow him.

“Oh!” Harry said suddenly, when Louis was coddled behind me. “They’re like butterflies! Get it? Cause of the butter and-”

“Oh my gosh,” Louis said from behind me. “That’s so dumb, it’s genius.”

“Guys,” I said as we turned to head out of the clearing, I think we’re in Wonderland.”

“But Wonderland isn’t real, is it?” Harry asked as we walked through a field of tulips.

“What do you mean Wonderland isn’t real?” We all jumped when we realized none of us had said that.

“Up here sweetie.” We turned our heads up and saw three flowers, one white, one red, and one yellow, talking to us.

“Um, hello?” Louis said awkwardly.

“Hello young sir,” the white flower said gently. “May we ask what you three fine, young, strapping gentlemen are doing here today?”

“Oh my gosh, stop hitting on them!” The red flower scolded. “They are not interested in you, nor will they ever be!”