Chapter 24: Let's Waste Time ||

24. Let’s Waste Time

[Liam’s POV]

“Liam?”

“Liam?”

“Li!?”

I heard their voices, but I couldn’t see them.

“Harry? Niall? Louis?” I called out to them, but I didn’t get a response back. I paced around the white room with no exit and began to panic. I patted my pocket, hoping to find an orb, but to my disdain, they had all vanished.

What was going on?

“Liam.”

I turned around to see Rae. I wondered how she got here, but I didn’t question it. In fact I kept my mouth shut as she gave me a wicked smile.

“I can’t believe you got what I needed to wake Zayn up,” she said.

“He’s okay?”

“Of course! I told you he would be. He’s about to wake up, but you can’t leave.”

“Why not?”

“You see, Zayn only fulfilled half of his journey: to get you to fall in love with him, which I think we both agree has happened.”

I felt a faint blush tickle my cheeks, but I tried to ignore it as I made a gesture for her to continue with her point.

“He never completed the other half. He had to guess my name.”

“So go ask him?”

“No, I’m letting you do it. If you really want to get out of here then you should probably start thinking.”

“Wait, what about the lads?” I scratched my forearm, a nervous tick I had when things began to go awry.

“What about them?” Rae asked in a bored tone.

“Are they alright?”

“They’re fine, for now I suppose.”

“Oh.” A few moments of silence passed before I spoke up again. “Can I have a hint?”

“And what can I have?”

“Excuse me?”

“Everything comes at a price dearie,” she said as she wiggled her eyebrows.

“But I-” I stopped myself, catching the words before they could tumble out of my mouth. I knew who I was dealing with.