11| Gift to this world

A sleeping Galilea felt something wet on her face. She scrunched her nose and quickly wiped her face with her blanket and continued sleeping. She felt the wet thing on her face again and she threw the covers over her head, not wanting to fully wake up just yet. Galilea was beginning to fall back asleep, completely ignoring the movement of the blankets. She suddenly felt something cold and wet on her neck and she jumped with a shriek.

The Stark girl sat in her bed and wiped the cold wetness off her neck. She heard a soft chuckling and turned to her right and saw her boyfriend laughing at her.

"Was that you?" She asked him.

"No" Steve shook his head.

"Then what was that?"

"Merry Christmas" Steve smiled, walked over to Galilea and kissed her cheek.

"Merry Christmas" she replied "but seriously, what was that? It was wet and warm and then cold...and wet"

Steve smiled warmly and turned to the heap of blankets on the bed. He pulled them apart and a small golden colored, furry animal jumped out and over to Galilea. She was taken aback, all she saw was a blur of something furry and light gold. She also caught a glimpse of three black dots and something pink.

Galilea immediately closed her eyes when the animal jumped on her, she didn't open them until she felt something warm and wet on her face. Her eyes landed on a beautiful golden retriever, and for a moment she thought she was seeing things but when she placed her hands on the puppy to pull him off her, she realized that it's real.

"Merry Christmas" Steve repeated, a smile on his face.

Galilea looked up at him with her mouth slightly agape, a look of shock, confusion, and surprise on her face "What?" She asked in a whisper

"Remember the picture Peter sent in the group chat, the puppy. Well I went to the animal shelter with him a couple days ago and I got Rebel" Steve explained as he petted the puppy.

"Y-you, you got me a dog?" Galilea's voice cracked at the end.

Ever since Galilea was a child all she ever wanted was a dog. Her parents wouldn't let her have a pet. She considered multiple times to use compulsion on them, but wasn't comfortable with it. She couldn't force her parents to get her something, besides, compulsion doesn't last that long. But even though Galikea Stark didn't have a pet, she remembers her father's flamingo. Bernard the second. Or as Jarvis called him, the devil in pink. She still doesn't know why her dad would have a pet flamingo, but only the Stark's would have such an exotic animal in their house.

Rebel licked Galilea's hand and she looked down at the puppy on the bed "where did you keep him?" She asked as she rubbed his ears.

"Peter was more than willing to keep Rebel for a couple of days" Steve informed as he passed his hand over Rebel's golden fur "May liked him very much as well" he looked up to ask his girlfriend if she likes the puppy, but instead he saw a tear roll down her cheek "Gali, are you alright? What's wrong?" He scooted closer to the brunette and reached over to wipe the tear from her face.

Gali sniffled, looked up and locked eyes with the man sitting in front of her "Nothing. Nothing's wrong" she truthfully answered.

"Then why are you crying?" Steve didn't remove his hand from Gali's cheek.

"I'm happy. I've always wanted a dog, well, a pet actually, it didn't really matter. But now I have a dog and it's a bit overwhelming, you know?" Galilea softly said "but yes, I do like him. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you" Galilea jumped up and wrapped her arms around Steve's neck before pressing her lips against his.