23| For the honor of Grayskull!

"Why is it called morning sickness when you're throwing up all day long?" Galilea pondered as she rubbed her throat and walked out of the bathroom

She walked through the dark and empty floor of Stark Tower. She doesn't expect anyone to be awake at that hour, everyone is sleeping except for her. Once again Galilea couldn't sleep so she left her room and went to the common room of the tower. It was dark and quiet with no sign of life. Even Rebel is sleeping in his big comfy bed in hers and Steve's room. Galilea wasn't in the common room for ten minutes when she felt the bile rise and she ran to the nearest bathroom where she spent the last 20 minutes hugging the toilet.

Now with a sore throat and an empty stomach, Galilea made her way to the kitchen in search of food, preferably something that won't make her stomach churn and make her spend another 20 minutes hugging the toilet.

Flicking the lights on, she first went to the fridge to check what's in there. Milk, juice, beer, eggs, a lot of leftovers and food she's not able to identify. Did they steal the refrigerator from a frat house? Why is the refrigerator always empty? It seems that all she does is go to the store to buy food but when she goes to open the fridge, it's empty or the food is expired. There are just too many people living there.

With a heavy sigh, she closed the refrigerator door and turned to the cupboards. The first one she opened her eyes landed on pancake mix and she smiled. Pancakes so late at night? Yes. Just like when she was a child and convinced her mother to make pancakes for dinner.

═ ★ ═

"Who makes pancakes at 2:40 in the morning?" Kamilla questioned when she saw her best friend Galilea flipping a pancake. The lights in the kitchen are on, the smell of pancakes all around, and two piles of pancakes on the counter.

"I was craving pancakes" Galilea answered, a half-eaten pancake in her hand.

"So you made two dozen pancakes?" Kamilla walked over to a cupboard and pulled out a plate.

"It might've gotten a little out of hand" Galilea admitted as she looked over at the mess of pancake mix all over the counter, stove and a little on her shirt. "And I burnt my finger at one point. What are you doing up?"

Kamilla piled pancakes on her plate and then poured syrup on them. "Couldn't sleep. Came out here to get some warm milk but stumbled upon a crazy pregnant lady making more pancakes than she can eat"

"Will you keep it down?" Galilea hissed, hrs eyes darted around the room making sure no one is around and listening.

"It's two in the morning? Who aside from us nutjobs is awake at this hour?" Kamilla motioned to herself and Galilea before cutting her pancakes in triangles.

"Oh my God" a perplexed raspy voice was heard from the door frame. Galilea's heart about stopped when she heard a third voice, her eyes wide and her blood running cold. "Gal, you're pregnant?" Giovani gasped.