Chapter 2

At the cafeteria:
It's lunchtime but all I can think of is Shinhwa telling me about her liking Taehyung.

No, Hyemi. You need to smile. Make her happy.

I plaster a smile on my face but my mind is still elsewhere when I run into a wall [?].

"Omo. I'm sorry. Are you alright?" Huh? I didn't know walls can talk.

I look up and find Taehyung's face observing mine.

My heart drops. I don't know what to do.

"Oh. Aren't you Eun Hyemi? I heard about your incident. I hope everything gets better," Taehyung says, followed by a little bow.

"Oh, it's alright," I says back and bow back.

"Do you want me to sit with you?" He asks.

"Um, sure," I instantly say without thinking.

Oh no, what if Shinhwa gets mad. Oh! I have an idea.

Taehyung and I sit at an empty table but I leave a chair open between us.

"What's this?" Taehyung questions playfully, gesturing towards the empty seat.

"Ah~ um," I start but the sight of Shinhwa in my peripheral vision stops me and I stand up. "Shinhwa! Over here!" I yell while waving a hand in the air to catch her attention.

She gets the message and strides towards the table.

Once she gets a good sight of Taehyung, I get up and pull her into the empty chair I saved.

I take quick bites at my food and then suddenly get up.

"I- um- gotta go to the bathroom," I say and walk away with Taehyung and Shinhwa's confused expression on their faces.

I quickly speed walk to the exit of the cafeteria and stop to take a breather beside the doorframe.

A guy around 175cm scoffs at my smiley self then walks away.

A little rude but I shrug it off.

I go to the bathroom and wash my hands, fix my hair, anything I can do to stall and buy more time for Taehyung to fall for Shinhwa's vibrant personality.

After 15 minutes or so, I make my way to the cafeteria and see Taehyung and Shinhwa laughing. My heart unknowingly drops a little but I straighten myself out and happily walk towards the table.

"Hey guys! I'm back, how's everything going?" I ask, sounding giddy and excited.

"Oh my gosh, me and Taehyung have so much in common," Shinhwa says while trying to stop herself from laughing.

I think I hear something shatter inside me but I ignore it.

"That's great!"

One week later:

"Hyemi!" I hear Shinhwa yell from behind me.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Guess what? Actually no, I'm gonna tell you right now. Taehyung asked me out!" Shinhwa squeals and I feel my stomach clench. I must be hungry.

I make sure my smile reaches my eyes for her and say "That's great news! I always knew you guys look great together,".

"How about you? Do you have a crush on anyone?" She questions.

"A-ah. Nope. Nobody right now. Sorry," I say.

"Oh. That's unfortunate. I wanted to play Cupid for my best friend," she mumbles with a playful pout across her face.

"Alright. I'll tell you right when I see someone who catches my interest," I reassure and she starts to jump around again.

"Oh, you need to be sure because I can get him to like you well. Real~ well~," she coos while seductively raising her eyebrows.

We both laugh then walk to class.

•••

A/N:
This actually happened to me once. Me and my best friend had a crush on this one guy. Me and that guy were really good friends and he told me he likes my best friend so I help them get together :'') but they've broken up and I'm still really good friends with them.