Chapter 4

Eun Hyemi's POV:

I walk back and forth in front of Yoongi's lockers.

Yesterday, I never had the chance to ask for my journal back and I have some things to write.

Since mother died, I discovered my mom's journal hidden in her clothes dresser. I use that journal to relieve my thoughts. That journal replaced the idea of a mother. Before mom passed away, I told her everything. From making new friends to any petty ideas I have about other people.

I get lost in thought as I hear "move," come from beside me, followed by a push on the shoulder.

I look up and spot Yoongi raising an eyebrow, seemingly confused as to why I'm loitering around his locker.

"Can I have my journal back, please?" I ask as I continue to block his way to his assigned locker.

"No," he quickly responds back, easily sliding me aside to get his things for next class.

"Why not?" I innocently ask, genuinely questioning his response.

"Journals are for people who are lonely and can't share their feeling with other people," he spits back as he inserts the permutation of his locker.

"That's not-," before I could finish, thoughts run through my mind and it click. He's right.

"Bye," He says, closing his locker and turning around to walk away.

"Wait!" I holler before grabbing his toned forearm to put him to a halt.

"What is it?" He asks, his voice sounding annoyed.

"Please. I need that journal," I put my head down, feeling tears form in my eyes but not drop. Not yet. "I- I don't want to forget. I can't forget," I close my eyes to hesitate the future stream that's threatening to streak my cheeks.

"Forget what?" He questions, sounding unamused.

"That- that was my mother's. I can't- I can't forget her," I stutter, my head still directed towards the floor. I feel a tear stingingly run down my right cheek and drop.

"Are you crying?" He questions, the hint of worry in his voice cannot be hidden from his solemn feature.

"Please. I just want the notebook back," I continue, rubbing my arm to dry off the light wetness on my cheek.

"Fine. As long as you promise me you won't write inside it," he goes back to the front of his locker and types his permutation once again then hands the lavender-colored book into my arms.

"I can't stop writing in it. It's something that can help me. Does help me," I cling the journal tightly in my arms, in between my breast.

"A book won't help you," he counters back.

"It helps to get my ideas out without any judgment," I shyly say back, embarrassed with the fact that I cried infront if him.

"Then you can talk to me," he softly mumbles. Almost soft enough for me to not be able to hear from the roaring halls.

"Sir, yes sir," I jokingly say, saluting him as if he were already in the army.

Before I know it, I see a small tug on the corner is his lips. Just a slight.

"You just smiled!" I excitingly say to him, smiling widely myself.

"Don't smile unless you're happy," he claims.

"I am happy, because you're happy. Aren't you?" I tilt my head in curiosity.

"No," he simply responds.

"Then that's all going to change, because I'll make you smile," i playfully wink. After then, Yoongi and I enter inside the classroom.

"I will too," He says as he puts his large hands inside the pocket of the school uniform pants.

Class has started, but I can't manage to pay any attention to what the teacher is saying. My ears could only hear the voice of Yoongi's voice and the conversation we had earlier.

"Sigh," I let out, honestly completely bored of this class.

"Is there anything wrong? The teacher, Mrs. Hyoon, comments on my sigh. "Go outside with your arms raised. You can't possibly think it's okay to interrupt my lecture of gravity affecting parabolas, right?"

"Yes ma'am," I respond, getting up from my seat and bowing apologetically towards her.

I make my way out the classroom and leave my belongings underneath my desk to grab after class.