Chapter 3

It's been a month since school started and I feel content. Shinhwa and her boyfriend, Taehyung, are cheerfully smiling. They are the only people that's been around me and became my friends not counting other acquaintances who I see in my class.

I have noticed that Taehyung and Shinhwa are the schools idol couples. They really are cute together.

Taehyung has a group of his own friends. Jin, Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jimin, and Jungkook. I only hang out with them when Taehyung and Shinhwa wants to be alone, although I rarely see Yoongi around.

I walk out of class to go to the bathroom and bump into something or somebody.

When seeing a pair of feet infront of me, I assume it's a somebody and start to apologize.

"Ow. Are you alright?" I say to the person's feet of who I bumped into. The person is standing like a rock while I am sitting on the floor rubbing my head and my journal I brought is sprawled on the floor.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he says casually and picks up my opened journal.

"Don't-" before I can tell him to not read what's inside, he starts at the opened page.

"March 15th
Dear Mom,

I've only been to school for the first day of my transfer and I just got back today after two weeks. Your voice keeps echoing in my head. "Promise me you'll always be happy". I'll try my hardest to keep that promise with you, Mom. I think I have found a first crush in this high school. I've heard his name is Kim Taehyung-"

Before he can finish, I attempt to snatch the journal from his grasp.

"I don't think you should be reading other people's stuff," I say with a forced smile on my face.

"Why did you do it?" He says.

I look up and see Yoongi staring down at me. My face suddenly tints red thinking about one of Taehyung's best friends finding out I had a crush on Taehyung.

"What do you-"

"I'm asking why did you help Shinhwa get together with Taehyung if you had a crush on him yourself?" I hear him say with a frustrated tone.

"If they're happy, so am I," I say as I keep a smile on my face while keeping my tears back.

"I don't think that's how it works," Yoongi says while shaking his head. "Hyemi, right? I'll be sure to remember that name from now on,". Yoongi continues before walking off towards our class.

Hmph. How did he know I helped Taehyung and Shinhwa?

I try to think back and I remember now.

The guy who scoffed at me outside the cafeteria that day.

"Aish!" I say to myself while lightly hitting my head. "Why couldn't I be more discreet about it?"

Then I remember. Yoongi still has my journal.

Yoongi's POV:

I walk away, feeling frustrated for some reason when hearing Hyemi say those words.

If they're happy, so am I.

Pft. That's stupid logic. If only the people around one are happy, what does that make that person?

Pathetic. Their happiness becomes fake.

That's when I hear my mother's voice pop in my head, and her motto around the house.

The one who smiles the most is the one who hurts the most. If you see a person smile all the time, give out a hand. They may be having a harder time than anybody. Think about it, reach a helping hand. If that person genuinely smiles, it may make you genuinely smile too.

I smile at the thought of Mother. I do really miss her.